Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Tiny Needle Tuesday 8/11/26

 Good Morning!

It's Tuesday and we seem to have survived another most humid day...more in store of us I'm afraid.  We had a few sprinkles and some distant thunder, but nothing significant.  We need a good, strong summer thunderstorm to clear the air (and water the garden).  However, it did cool down enough last evening that I did not even have to use the AC in the bedroom!!  That was wonderful.

Well, time for a TNT update.  I managed to finish the second row in the sampler.


Quite wrinkly, but there it is.  Next up some numbers.

I've a busy morning ahead of me.  My 9 a.m. appointment with my primary care doctor will be at an office I need to find!  Last week I got a phone call from the doctor's office telling me that a pipe had burst in their building and that upcoming appointments would be at another office.  It's not that much further away, but I need to locate it which means leaving the house a little earlier than normal.

Grocery shopping may be skipped.  We have so many (so many!!) leftovers in the fridge that it is crammed to overflowing.  I really want to use stuff up and then scrub the fridge.  Tonight I'm planning to make a quiche with asparagus and some left over ham.  I'll probably add mushrooms and onions because they are plentiful!

Here's hoping that this Tuesday finds you enjoying life!  Have some fun.

7 comments:

  1. Seems like all the thunderstorms we've been having have been falling apart before they can get to you! We had another whopper around lunchtime yesterday -- it was so dark out that it was like it was night. The stitching is looking lovely. I enlarged the photo and can see a slight variation in the color. One of these days I would really like to do some stitching with the fancy threads you use instead of the old standby DMC floss. Best of luck finding the doctor's office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the doctor this morning! I did a Costco run yesterday... sigh. A replenishment of meat was necessary. The freezer has been restocked and I now have a wider array of protein choices for meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is lovely as always and I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers next. We had threatening thunderstorm clouds but then it rained just enough to make it even more humid. I do have to grocery shop which is always sweaty and expensive, my two least favorite things. Good luck at the doctor; I'm betting you find the office just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stitching letters is always fun. We had a monster of a storm last night. It was so dark I had to go in the bedroom with the overhead light to knit after dinner. It was nice and cool here this morning when we went out for a walk down by the water-until the sun came out. It's heating up now....boooo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love a sampler!! Looking forward to seeing more of this one. We've had a few thunderstorms of late, and even some nice soaking rain, but are hearing "boomers" every night this week (and even during the day) with the Pyrotechnics Guild International convention set up at the race track about 3 miles from home! It's been 10 years since they were in our neck of the woods, and judging by complaints on the FB boards, it'll be another 10 before they'll be welcomed back (at least!). I have week-long + bookings at both Airbnbs, so I'm not one of the complainers. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you easily found the office. Your quiche sounds delilsh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when I cross stitched in my youth I would do samplers, I loved them especially the lettering, so simple and satisfying to see them appear!

    ReplyDelete