Bonjour!
We had some strong thunderstorms yesterday evening - just when we settled in to watch the first episode of the new season of Ted Lasso. Fortunately the power stayed on. We were gifted another inch of rain.
What you see above is perhaps the final glad blossom (there may be one more stalk that has not yet opened) along with a couple of zinnia, a couple of snap dragons and one marigold. I do love fresh flowers in the house.
Yesterday was busy, but my mile long list was almost fully accomplished. The only remaining thing that wasn't done was grocery shopping and we will take care of that this morning. I've been wanting to cut the dead stalks from the Iris as well as the Glads and that was done. More beans were picked and then blanched and quickly frozen. Not having a chest or second freezer, my space is limited, but a few bags of summer beans are now in the freezer for cooler days. There are still plenty in the fridge that I will be using in a day or two. I also picked more cherry tomatoes, a cucumber, and noticed that FINALLY the bigger tomatoes are beginning to ripen. There are not that many - maybe four on the plant, but any garden tomato will be so welcome.
There was a bit of running around - a trip to the post office to mail off a birthday gift for Leslie and (of course) a trip to CVS. Another trip to CVS will be made today or tomorrow. I'd also like to get to Trader Joe's - either today or (most likely) tomorrow.
Domestic chores (laundry, cleaning) were deliberately left off my list! HA! But really, towels should be washed and bathrooms cleaned. Time will tell.
What are you up to as we wind down the first week of August?

Our skies are full of pollutants from the fires so I am going to be doing inside stuff today. Thinking I might take apart my sewing room and give it a refresh.
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are such a treat! It got really dark out while we were eating dinner and shortly after we finished the skies opened up paired with lots of thunder. There is nothing like a summer thunderstorm! I love them! (but the humidity this morning... gads, it was so bad!) It feels "threatening" for rain, but so far no drops have fallen. On my list today is to get some swatching done for an autumnal vest!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty little arrangement. I have a vase of sunflowers right now!
ReplyDelete