Friday, August 28, 2026

A Finish For A Friday! 8/28/26

 Good Morning Everyone,

Another drippy morning here.  But...the temps are still cool.  Not for long.  I think the heat will be back shortly.  We had a heavy rainfall around dinnertime yesterday...another inch in the rain gauge.  The garden is happy.  Luckily I went out in the morning to harvest some things.  Cucumbers are still growing.  Cherry tomatoes are definitely slowing down and beans...they keep coming.  I thought they were finished, but between yellow and green beans, I harvested more than enough for two meals.

I wish I had thought to take a picture of the harvest and also a picture of the pesto we had last night.  Boy did that turn out well!  The pesto was made using both parsley and basil.  Usually I add pine nuts, but I didn't really have enough so I thought to add pistachios.  However, when I looked for the pistachios I found they were gone...someone had eaten them all...so I used hazelnuts instead and it was great!  Some garlic, fresh grated parmesan and EVOO did the trick.  I added some grilled hot and sweet Italian sausage I had in the freezer and dinner was delicious.  (We also had salad.). In the past I had not been a fan of pesto, but fresh from the garden makes such a difference.  Vibrant and tasty!

Yesterday included time for knitting and bingo!  The shorty Honky Tonk socks are finished.


I'm pleased with the way they turned out and they fit me!  I also wound the August yarn from The Farmer's Daughter to start a pair of socks for Fletch.  Not started yet, but maybe today.

This morning I have a massage booked for 10:30.  Definitely looking forward to that.  I have a couple of books to drop at the library on my way to the massage.  And, a couple of errands to run before that.

Mailing is headed to the Catskills with a group of friends for the weekend and she is taking Iris.  So, Colin will be over tomorrow for dinner and (hopefully if the weather holds) a fire in our fire pit.  Looking forward to that.  Planning to fix some shrimp and scallops for dinner.  YUM!

Do you have any plans for the weekend?  The last one before Labor Day!  YIKES!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great socks! I love homemade pesto (I usually use walnut to make it a little healthier). I should probably make a batch with the basil we have in the pot out back because it probably won't last much longer -- we're supposed to go into the 90s next week! Hope you have a relaxing weekend, starting witht hat massage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic socks!! The yarn is just so fun!! And your pesto sounds delicious! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meal sounds great; the fact that you got to make the pesto fresh makes all the difference! The socks turned out perfectly! Enjoy your time with Colin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are terrific socks and your hazelnut pesto sounds pretty darn good. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Socks look fantstic! We are buried in beans here!

    ReplyDelete