Friday, December 1, 2023

Back to Normal (Whatever That Is) and Two Cats on a Friday 12/1/23

 Good Morning!

Yesterday was a different day!  It started out normally.  I was up early and actually finished all my reports before it was time to go feed Talbot & Marcel.  Thank goodness as it turns out.  I had completely forgotten (even though it was on the calendar) that our power was going to be off from 9 to approximately 2:30.  A planned outage as they replaced a pole at the bottom of our street.  

I got home from C&M's about 8:50 a.m. and was going to do some laundry, but promptly at 9 the power shut off.  Of course that meant no internet service either, so work was out of the question (not a bad thing in my mind).

Luckily it was a sunny day, but the house still became rather chilly (we have electric heat).  Finally at 11:30, we left and went out to lunch - to get a hot meal and sit somewhere with heat on!

The power did come back on just about 2 p.m.  I managed to get two loads of laundry done and had a rather busy work afternoon.

Fletch grilled some steaks for dinner (which were not that good) and I made some smashed potatoes and roasted Brussels Sprouts with a bit of EVOO, some maple syrup, a touch of dijon mustard and S&P - roasted at 425 for about 20-25 minutes and they were delicious!

Finally, here are the two cats for Feline Friday:


Marcel watching birds - what a floofy tail!!


Talbot enjoying breakfast (they are messy eaters)

One of the plants C&M brought up from Texas is a succulent - a Sunburst which is very pretty.  Some of the "petals" had fallen off, so I gathered a few up and now have them planted.  Hoping to have my own Sunburst eventually!


Time to pour some more coffee and dry my hair - my head is cold!

Happy December and Happy Friday!

16 comments:

  1. Lunch out sounds like the perfect way to cope with the no power situation at home. Those kitties are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ugh. Power outages are always such a pain -- and I think I dislike them even more in the winter because I hate being cold . . . Glad you made the best of things. And I hope today goes smoothly. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, double ugh to that power outage! No electricity is less fun that no water... at least I could "plan" for our outage by filling some pitchers with water!

    Talbot and Marcel are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A power outage is never fun, but I suppose a scheduled one is better than a surprise one. And I'm sure you didn't mind not being able to work! Here's hoping today is a normal and calm day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see Marcel and Talbot! I'm sure they appreciated the breakfast.

    What a terrible time to not have power. Glad you found somewhere to "warm up".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be curious to hear/see how your Sunburst starts do! I never have luck with that technique--though I've tried with several jade leaves. (Mine always just rot in place. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.)
    And that's a long power outage, especially when it's cold! Lunch date. GREAT idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems a strange time to shut off the power. In the winter cold. Brrrrr. Lunch out seems a brilliant idea.
    I'll be curious to see how your Sunburst leaves do. I always kill anything I try to start like that.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! I love Aeoniums! I haven't been able to find any here. I hope yours sprouts! I'm currently trying to propagate my lifesaver cactus to share with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  9. Power outages are major inconveniences, but they remind us what a luxury it is to have electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute kitties! They're lucky to have you on staff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brr. Having the heat off sounds for the morning and early afternoon sounds chilly. I hope the plant grows, I've never heard of that variety. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are two very pretty floofy kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy, we sure count on our electricity!!!! Glad you made the most of the day--I'm sure your plant will sprout soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet cats! I just read recently about starting succulents from "drop offs", never knew that. But mine are dead before anything comes off so useless info for me. So many shapes and colors now, selections are great. The jade plant like from your prior post lasted the longest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It’s never fun when the power goes out but at least it was for long. Such sweet kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  16. scheduled power outages are annoying like the unscheduled ones! over the holidays - Hope the electricity is new and improved and it costs less, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete