Monday, December 11, 2023

Weekending 12/11/23

 Good Morning Everyone!

I'm a bit late this morning with posting thanks to not waking till close to 7 a.m. and then needing to get over to C&M's to feed Talbot and Marcel.  Today is a wonderful day - it is Colin's birthday.  So, Happy Birthday to Colin and happy birthing day to me (and to my friend Leslie - her daughter was also born on the 11th...also my niece, Fletcher's grandfather, etc., etc. - a popular day!!).

How was your weekend?  Mine was nice though as of Sunday very, very soggy.  But, backing up, I met up with Dee (naturally) Saturday morning after feeding the cats.  Once again we met at Manhattan Bagel in Lansdale as it is close to C&M's.  Fortunately the awful singer was not there!  LOL.  Instead Santa was there!


It was a busy place with lots of folks with kids - all of them eager for a chance to see Santa.  Most of the little girls were all dressed up with sparkly shoes, fancy dresses, etc.  It was so cute to see.  There was also a keyboard player who was busy spilling out holiday tunes and some of the girls couldn't resist dancing!


I think everyone had a good time!

The rains came on Sunday.  Luckily it was AFTER I had fed the cats.  But whoa, last night when Fletch went over it was pouring.  Lots of ponding water on the roads (and tailgating jerks).  Fortunately Fletch made it over and back with no issues.

Fletch did get out and find a table top Christmas tree for us on Saturday.  It is still outside (on the patio, so under a roof and dry).  I need to move some house plants around and make space for the tree inside.  It shouldn't take long to decorate it!  Fletch also put up some Christmas lights on our patio.  I love seeing them.

The plan for today is to finish wrapping gifts that need to be shipped.  I'll be heading to the office on Wednesday and will ship things out then.  Kevin told me he will be in that day - packing up his office.  When my office moves to new space as of March 1st, a number of folks will no longer have office space.  Honestly it's not needed anyway.  Kevin lives in Atlanta - no need for him to have an office in Pennsylvania!  I have yet to see our new space, but my understanding is that it will be a lot of shared space.  Whatever - I don't intend to be around for that!!

Some people have mentioned that they thought I would be retired by now.  Me too!  But, I received a large monetary "gift" for my 25th anniversary with the company.  The gift is in a "reward program" where I need to pick gift cards.  I'll be using some of it to get my new (personal) laptop; Fletch wants a new TV, etc., etc.  The money is tied to my corporate profile, so if I were to retire or quit, I would no longer have a profile and would be unable to access the money.  Therefore, I will not give notice until I spend it all!  (Luckily I can put money on my Amazon account too, and we order from Amazon ALL the time.)

Whew!  That was a bit long-winded.  The sun has finally come out and the temp is up to 40.  I'm hoping that work will be quiet and I can do some "me" things!  Wishing you all a wonderful week.

15 comments:

  1. Now Christmas can really start at your house. Happy birthday to Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Colin and Happy Colin's Birthday to you! And hooray for Santa instead of the awful singer! Your 25 year gift is quite nice and I hope you enjoy spending it. (I think John got a gold pin!) It is nice to see the sun today after a very rainy Sunday, and I hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The happiest of birthdays to Colin. I'm so happy for you that the two of them are coming home to live again. Gosh, Dennis didn't get anything for 25 years! You are really blessed. I would stick around to use it too.
    I hope you have a great day getting things done for YOU! The sun is shining brightly here. I may run over to the thrift store later this morning and see if there is something I can't live without. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Colin and congratulations to you (do you say congrats to moms? I have no idea). Definitely stick around for $.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Colin and cheers to you for bringing him into the world! That sounds like a generous corporate gift, have fun choosing what to get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the month for birthdays around here too. DIL and her oldest this week. Me and my oldest next week and another DIL and her oldest the week after. It's a good thing they all live far away from each other. Think of all that cake and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Colin! It must be a good week for having kids -- my daughter's birthday is Friday.

    Sounds like Santa was a very welcome change to the awful singer. I'm sure all the kids were cute! And I can better understand why you aren't retiring just yet (though I hope it's not too far off now!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Colin! (And to you, too.) And . . . spend that "free money" quickly, Vera. So you can retire! (Have your cake and eat it, too.) XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a really great Santa. He looks like the real thing. Give yourself a treat for having Colin--do you still remember that day and all its labours? (OF COURSE YOU DO)

    What a fun job to spend all those gift cards before you retire. I'm sure you can manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Vera, you've explained my confusion about the retirement, but now I'm confused about C&M because I thought they were back! Getting old is rough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And Happy Birthday to you! Colin too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treat to have a celebrity (Santa) at your knitting chat with Dee. Seeing the kids’ excitement about Santa and the music would be fun. Happy Birthday to Colin and all those who share the special day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you had nicer entertainment at the coffee shop for your weekly meet-up with Dee! Happy birthday to your son!!! I wondered about the scheduling for your retirement-good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated birthday to you and Colin! (and I think that is wise to spend the $$ first!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday!! I am starting to wrap and the job looks overwhelming at the moment. I am still waiting for gifts to arrive as well. Santa makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete