Tuesday, December 12, 2023

A Start on Decorating

 Good Morning!

Once again no TNT post...maybe after the holidays I'll have time to get back to stitching!  I hope!!  If not sooner.

Yesterday I had good intentions of starting to bake, but that did not happen.  However, I did finish wrapping presents that will be shipped out tomorrow.  And I started to put some Christmassy things out.  Definitely scaling back this year which is fine with me.  (I really do NOT want to tempt Mabel!!).

First up, my favorite birch log and the jewel tree behind it.  The log is one we found in the woods in Vermont and then Fletch drilled out holes for candles.  The jewel tree is one that Fletcher's Mom made and gifted to us.  I love it.


On the other side of the buffet we have the house that Zhongren built and gifted to me.  So darling!  And the fairy lights tree that I bought a couple of years ago.

I added a couple of things to Zhongren's house:  an elf and a snowman!


It feels all cozy and warm.  We did bring in the tree last night but have not decorated it yet.  So far, Mabel is ignoring it.  I'm finding that hard to believe, but it's true.  As of this morning, it was still standing where we left it last night.

Hoping to get to the baking today!  Time will tell.  First I need to pull on some wool socks and sneakers and head over to C&M's to feed Talbot & Marcel.  They are often standing on the back of the sofa looking out the living room window when I pull into the drive.  They cannot wait for C&M to return.  Just one week now.  I cannot wait either!


13 comments:

  1. It's starting to look very festive at your house! I hope it will soon smell that way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only use the decorations that really mean something to me and it seems like yours have lots of meaning! I can just picture Talbot & Marcel on the back of the sofa wondering when they will be fed. Just one week is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to decorate with precious memories! My cats ignored the tree until it was decorated! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. One week is just so exciting! I think your house is looking the best kind of festive! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that birch log. My grandmother had one like it and I always admired it when I was a kid. I wish I knew what happened to it. It's really all about those precious do-dads we hold onto for the memories they hold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! Christmas is definitely coming to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful decorations. I have to get my cards together for mailing - I want to get them all out by Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only a week! So exciting.
    I love Zhongren's little house. Its simplicity is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jewel tree is gorgeous. I purged a lot of my Christmas decorations earlier this year, and honestly I don’t miss any of it. I have a small decorated tree, my stocking, and several cross-stitched pieces where I can see and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decorations that have so much meaning. I imagine those poor babies are lonely for their Mom and Dad. It's so sweet of you two to taking care of them.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very festive! I promised myself I would start to bake next Monday (the 18th). I think I'm only making three kinds of cookies and either fudge or toffee and that should be manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely decorations. That house is perfect. I am not a baker so one less thing to add to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Mabel stays away from your tree! Fred & George are mostly good with ours but it's not real so that probably helps. I can't put any ornaments on that are made of wool or contain feathers, though! LOL. You must be so excited to be a week out of having C&M home permanently!

    ReplyDelete