Thursday, September 15, 2022

Whew!

 Hey There My Friends,

How are you?  I feel like I am running faster and faster and life keeps getting busier and busier.  It was nice to catch up with Kevin at the office yesterday.  My meeting at 11, however, was a waste of time.  The purpose was to review a year-end process that we do every year.  There are no changes...so why we had to meet is beyond me.  Today I have a work luncheon.  Actually this should be nice too.  It's at Bahama Breeze (a chain restaurant and the food is pretty good), so I won't even go into the office.

Next week is my last week of work before leaving on vacation (I cannot wait!!), but there is still a ton of stuff I need to do work-wise.  Also vacation wise (like decide what to pack and what "stuff" to bring).  We'll be heading North to New England, so I need to dig out a turtleneck or two and a wool sweater or two.  Also wool socks!  I'll figure it out, but it will be crazy busy.

You all know I'm not a huge TV person, but last night Fletch and I watched the first episode of Season 7 of Shetland - very good!  This is the last Season with Douglas Henshall as DI Jimmy Perez and I will miss him...I'm curious to see how this season ends.

And, before watching the show I did manage to cast on for Sock #2!!  Woo-Hoo


Just 5 rows of ribbing completed, but it's something!  I wanted to be sure it was cast on and started before I meet up with Dee on Saturday morning.

No other knitting or stitching and no reading...just swamped with work.  This, too, shall pass.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying a nice Thursday.  I've got to get myself dressed and ready to go to lunch!

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy the lunch at Bahama Breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely turn on my TV anymore - too many other things to do. Enjoy the lunch and your knitting time with Dee on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how many meetings could have been an email! But at least you've got lunch to look forward to. I do hope that next week won't be too busy. You've got things to do to get ready for vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where in New England are you headed? It's still warm in the afternoon here in MA but if you're heading to Maine I'm sure it will be colder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A vacation sounds wonderful especially one where you get to head north!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate meetings that could have been an email! Especially when they've made you do them in person!

    Hope lunch is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're earning your vacation (as we always must). I'm glad you got your second sock started.

    Meetings are the worst, period. I do NOT miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your lunch was a good one. I had lunch by myself at Panera since I had a gift card to use up and was running errands for Mom. Last night I tried to knit the heel flap on a sock. I can usually do it in my sleep. Not last night. I ripped it out all of the way twice before I put it in time out. :-) I may try again tonight but maybe that might not be a good idea since once again I'm exhausted.
    Have fun preparing for vacation. I would love to go somewhere for a night or two in the camper.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always think early fall is a tricky season to plan for when traveling -- warm in the daytime, cold in the nighttime. (But worth the hassle, for sure!) Enjoy Shetland! I'm eager to watch the new (last?) season, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unnecessary meetings are the worst -- especially if they're in person and you can't knit through them! I have to attend my fair share of them, but at least these days they're on Zoom and I can do something with my hands to keep me awake. I hope your lunch was good and today is calmer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the first episode in Shetland as well! The scenery is just incredible (plus there is a good mystery to solve! ha!!)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it is always tense with overload when you have to get ready for vacation! I hope you slog through okay and then know you will enjoy your trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's to getting it all done before you and Fletch leave on vacation. Yes to getting the second sock on the needles. Casting on a sock and knitting the first few rows of ribbing is not social knitting for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that feeling of looking forward to a vacation, that's the best feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete