Monday, September 12, 2022

Weekending 9/12/22

 Hello and Good Morning!

How was your weekend?  Mine was a good one.  Saturday was BOTH my birthday and the New Jersey Sheep and Wool Festival.  What's not to love about that?  I drove to Dee's and then she drove us over the river and into Festival territory.  It was crowded and it was also bigger than last year.  Lots of yarny things and lots of sheep.

Bonny was unable to meet with us on Saturday and I don't know if Bridget ever made it to the Fairgrounds...we did not run into her.  As I mentioned, there were plenty of sheep, so here's a sampling:

Look Ma!  I've got horns!!



Freshly shorn and getting ready to show!


This spotted guy was little and so cute!


Sheep in jackets!!


This one looked like a rag doll!

There was a new-to-me vendor and I did not buy anything from her, but I HAD to take a picture of her sign:


We walked around a lot and I was very restrained in my purchases!  Here's what I got:


A mini skein from The YarnSmith - colorway American Robin.  I thought this would be pretty on cuffs and heels and toes of solid color socks.

The middle skein is from Kints4Comfort and the colorway is Squash Blossom.  So pretty.

Last up, a skein of blue from Three Bunny Designs in the colorway Bunny's Got Her Blue Jeans On.  This skein is for socks for Fletch.

There is one last skein of yarn, but I did not buy it.  Dee gifted me this skein for my birthday!


Thank you Dee!  This is from Machete Shoppe and the colorway is Douglas Fir.  Beautiful!

After a lovely lunch out at Chive we headed back to Dee's and I picked up my car and drove home.  I was beat!  All that walking around (3 hours) on rough ground about did my feet and heels in.  Added to that is the fact that for 3 nights running I had not slept well.  But, it was a wonderful time and thank goodness we went on Saturday because it rained all day Sunday (and more today and tomorrow too).

I came home to a gorgeous bouquet that Fletch had bought for me:


Sunday, the rainy day, I did manage to do some knitting, some stitching and some reading.  I also paid bills and did some other "things."  And today we are booked to get the updated Booster Vaccine at 11.  We were hoping to be able to get this shot prior to our vacation (we leave 9/27).

Well, that's a wrap for me!  How was your weekend?

18 comments:

  1. Ooo! More Sheep! I think I can identify a few of them... the horned sheep is a Jacob Sheep! The wee little sheeps in coats are Baby Doll Southdowns. And that rag doll sheep is a Valais Blacknose! I love seeing all the sheep at the festivals, but your yarn picks were lovely as well! (especially that Douglas Fir color yarn! Wow!)

    Good luck today getting your update booster, I hope you have little to no side effects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday! I loved seeing all the sheep on Sunday and your yarn is very nice. What a beautiful bouquet! Wishing you painless and side-effect free booster shots and a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lovely way to spend your b-day! Belated best wishes! Thanks for a sampling of sheep and sharing your beautiful yarn purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest birthday wishes to you, Vera! What a perfect way to spend your birthday -- time with a friend, a yarn festival just for you!, and magical flowers, too. Here's to celebrating all year long. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other than the birthday part, my weekend sounds a whole lot like yours. LOL Got some knitting done. Put up a blog post. Yay me!

    The flowers are beautiful. Fletch done good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! And I'm so glad you had a good time with Dee at Sheep & Wool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!!!!
    I can't think of a better way to spend the day-all those lovely, lovely sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday! I’m glad you and Dee had a good time. The blue jeans yarn is gorgeous as is the Douglas fur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday to you, Vera! I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday than at a fiber fair. You brought home some beautiful purchases -- and I hope you slept very well after all that walking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy, Happy Birthday, Vera! May you have many more.
    Love the photos of the sheep. The knobby-headed ones in jackets are my favourites, as is the American Robin yarn. I'd like to see how that colourway knits up. It was so nice of Dee to buy you the skein of pretty green yarn. Sounds like it was a very nice birthday weekend (with flowers!) overall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!!! I'd say that you had an awesome weekend :) We got our boosters at 11 am today too - like minds and all that jazz. Happy knitting and hope you feel okay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to spend your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday a little late! Glad you had a great time and yes you were indeed restrained!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Vera! It seems we share a September birthday. Your birthday bouquet is beautiful. Flowers are such a nice gift. Looks like you made some good purchases at the festival. What a nice weekend for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Late Birthday Vera! I'm glad you were able to go with Dee to the festival for your birthday. What a great way to spend the day. The yarn looks very squishy and fun and, of course, THE SHEEP! Oh my goodness. That rag doll. Cuteness overload for sure.
    We had a rainy Saturday but it's been gorgeous since then.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! So glad you made it to the festival - they are always so fun! Lovely haul and SUPER beautiful flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated Vera! Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

    I used to have as much hair as that rag doll. Now I'm closer to the shaved one!!

    ReplyDelete