Monday, October 18, 2021

Weekending Excitement!

 Good Morning!

I really hadn't intended to disappear last week.  However, Thursday and Friday were crammed full of work - basically 15 hour days at the computer looking at/reviewing/verifying spreadsheets.  No wonder my eyes were blurry!  I did get away Friday afternoon for an eye doctor appointment and now have a prescription for glasses (but haven't found the time to go order some).  Our eye doctor is a real cat lover (in fact one of her cats is named Fletcher!!).  This is hanging on the wall in the hallway of the office:


I love this!  Sorry for the glare, but it was the best I could do with office lights and my cell phone.

Anyway, I was pretty worn out both days and did not sleep well - kept waking up thinking about work (I hate when that happens).

But Saturday Fletch and I took off for the SPCA in hopes of finding a cat.  And we did!  We lucked out as another couple were looking at the same cat, but they weren't sure and didn't make up their minds, so we made up ours.


Her name from the SPCA is Mabel which I love.  Fletch is not quite sold on the name, but I told him he had to decide quickly...we can't call her Mabel for a few weeks and then change her name.


She is sweet and very, very shy and wary of us.  She is a tiny thing and, according to the papers we got she is 10 months old.  She was just spayed last week and has had all of her shots.  She had been a stray who was taken in by someone and then they decided they had too many cats, so she was turned in to the SPCA.  She is also micro-chipped.

I joke that she is part Lynx - she has little tufts at the top of her ears and she has spots on her back and also on her front legs.  Hopefully she will grow accustomed to us sooner rather than later.  For now we are keeping her inside (at least for a few weeks), but she will end up being an indoor/outdoor cat like all the other ones we have had.  I need to make an appointment with the vet just to have her checked over.


I  love this picture of her - look at the spots on her legs.  So precious!

So that was our exciting weekend!  I hope you all had a good one too.

18 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet you "Aunt" Mabel!

    She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! What an interesting color she is and what a sweet little face.
    Our vet has that eye chart on the wall and it always gives me a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mabel looks so sweet! I love her lynx tufts and spots. I'm sure she'll lose her shyness around you in time, especially when she realizes how lucky she is to be part of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Mabel is just a beautiful kitty! And a lucky one, too . . . to have landed in such a loving home. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Sweet, sweet Mabel! She is gorgeous, Vera! I think she will warm up to you quickly! What a lucky girl to live in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely little cat Mabel is! Love those spots and her white bib and mittens. I was wondering when/if you were going to get another cat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for MABEL and for you and Fletch! She looks like the sweetest pea in town. When she will finally let you do so, please kiss her for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a super exciting weekend. I 1ove her name as Mabe1. She's beautifu1 and we want a11 kinds of photos a11 the time now! She's 1ucky you chose her

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mabel is a beauty!!! And I just love the name!!! Rupert was 10 months old when I got him and very tiny. I figured he'd grow a little but he never did. He's still under 7 lbs.
    I'm sure Mabel will settle in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, she could be Lena's sister! I am sure she will be a wonderful addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Mabel!! What a cutie! I love her spotted legs. We've had a beauty come through our yard a few times with the most amazing stripes... he doesn't look like a stray, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mabel, sweet Mabel. I L-O-V-E that name for her. It just fits. She even has that "M" above her eyes. :-) Her spots and white bib are so cute. I'm so glad you have another kitten. She's beautiful.
    I'm sorry you had such a hard few days at work and I'll pray that this week will be easier for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. She’s a sweetheart and so pretty. I bet she gives great cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little kitty. Mabel is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet girl! She is so lucky to have found a home with you, and I'm sure that it won't take her long to get over her initial shyness and appreciate what great parents she has now. I hope this week is calmer at work and you can get your new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For whatever reason I missed this post yesterday and now I am so excited and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mabel is BEAUTIFUL and it's a perfect name, she is so lucky to be adopted by you :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete