Friday, October 8, 2021

TGIF

 Hello Again,

Thank you all for the well wishes.  My follow up eye surgery went well.  I was able to drive myself to and from which was a huge plus for Fletch - he was still in bed when I left for the surgery center.  Time was consumed by having drops put in my eyes and waiting for them to kick in (both numbing drops and dilating drops).  The actual laser surgery took literally one minute...if that!  Whoosh and it was over.  I could immediately see (ha!) a difference.  Amazing.  My doctor said I might have a lot of floaters that day and blurriness, but I didn't and the blurriness wore off quickly.  I have steroid drops (again) to put in that eye four times a day through Monday.  My follow up with the doctor is next Friday afternoon.  Modern Medicine!!!

The balance of the day was taken up with work.  Still so busy!  More initiatives came out last night, so the craziness continues.  I did manage to get another load of laundry done and the afternoon was nice enough I could hang jeans on the line to dry outside.

The grilled sausages were delicious.  As usual, Fletch grilled a lot of extra which I have now frozen and will use the next time I make sauce for pasta.  Yum!  It was so nice to see Colin again and it was a beautiful night to have a fire!


So now it is Friday and TGIF.  I have two conference calls this morning and then I plan to take it easy during the afternoon.  I have not picked up my knitting in several days which is unacceptable.  Nor have I put a single stitch on the Pomegranate Birds.  

I'm glad you all enjoyed the skeleton riding in the pick up truck.  I have noticed more skeletons on display this year than ever before.  And, they are not cheap!  I need/want to take a walk along the canal path and see if the skeleton on the bench is still there.  Maybe this weekend.

Cheers to the end of the work week and wishing you all a wonderful weekend - enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Modern medicine sure is amazing! I've been watching the new season of Call the Midwife, and they've made just this point in an episode -- that things like vaccines and antibiotics have made it possible for people to survive illnesses that would have killed them not so long ago. And it's helping you to see clearly again!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the follow up surgery was quick and effective and you can see clearly now! I had to laugh when I saw a skeleton lounging on my neighbor's back porch, sitting at a table with his own pumpkin. He's a fairly staid and proper guy and not somebody I would have picked to decorate, but I hope he leaves him there. I hope you have an easy afternoon and a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that it was super easy and now you can SEE!! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that your surgery was a snap. Now you can have an even better weekend! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your surgery was a snap! :-)
    I, too, have noticed skeletons EVERYWHERE this year. It must be The Thing now. . . and I don't mind a bit. It's fun to see them popping up everywhere. (People are so creative. . . ) Have a great weekend, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Sounds like the surgery was no big deal--you could even drive home! That's terrific. Enjoy the weekend with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your surgery went well. The one thing I have to live with is the constant floaters with my retina disorder. I'm always swatting a bugs that don't exist...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all went well with the surgery. It is so nice to see clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear the surgery was quick and successful!
    I've got a weekend of reno work ahead of me... the livingroom is almost done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear that the surgery went well! Enjoy vision!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thrilled that the surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Prior post you said you were leaving for the eye surgery and then working. Wow! Glad it went well and yes tech and new methods are amazing!
    Is a vulture the same as a buzzard?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad your eye is doing better!!! The gathering last night had to be a welcome gathering. I'm starting the weekend with a funeral. Sobering.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad all went so well with the surgery. I saw our new eye doctor last week for the first time and he also said that I have the beginnings of cataracts which is what our doctor in Spokane said too. No need to do anything for awhile yet though. In fact, not even a prescription change which was nice.
    The previous owners left us a firepit here at the house and I'm looking forward to having a fire one evening soon. I would love to have Piper here when we do. First we have to find a safe place to light it.
    We're babysitting Piper and Lizzie this afternoon while Mandy gets her hair cut. That will be lots of fun for the puppies and for all of us.
    Have a great weekend Vera.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Modern medicine is a wonder. It is wonderful when a procedure goes well. Halloween decor is popping up all over our neighborhood. There are a few yards that have some pretty scary looking decorations. I prefer the cute and/or funny things. I hope you get in some knitting time this weekend. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy your vision is improved and with no side effects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was there a term for that eye condition? I'm so glad the procedure went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am here to give my testimony about a doctor who save my life. i was infected with HERPES for than 2 years, I tried different doctors over a period of time but no one work, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR USELU  how he was able to cure someone from HERPES virus with the help of herbal medicine I contacted him and he promised to cure my herpes virus.well i decided to give him a try, DR USELU put his best in it and gave me good and effective result just as he has promised. well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr USELU i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative. You can contact him if you have any kind of sickness like, HERPES, HIV, CANCER, PILE, HEPATITIS, DIABETES, and alot more you can contact him ON Whatsapp (+2347052898482) or Email dr.dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete