Thursday, May 13, 2021

What's for Dinner?

 Good Morning All,

Once again the sun is up and the sky is blue.  It's a bit on the chily side, but pretty out there.

I have another salad for you that, to me, screams summer.  We bought some more corn on the cob that was, once again, surprisingly delicious for this time of year.  I had cooked a couple of extra ears and then cut the kernels off to save for this salad.

We had this with fish the other night (and the Dr. G Riesling:)).  It keeps pretty well left over as well (except the avocado...that never really keeps well, but you can just pluck out those pieces).  

I had intended to share This Link with you all yesterday and promptly forgot!  Colin shared this with me on Sunday - love it!!

Time to run - Thursday mornings are busy for me - lots of reports to run.  And...I have a dentist appointment at 11:30.  Will catch up with you all later.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! John just planted corn and I've got a couple cherry tomato plants, so even if I don't make it until August when our corn is ready, I'm sure it will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks amazing! Thank you (and I love that cat and sheep! Haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    The salad recipe sounds delicious. We are trying to grow cherry and grape tomatoes this year. We are having a chilly spring, so far just a few warmer days. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I also like to mix cooked corn, black beans, and green salsa for a salad too. With cilantro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make a similar salad, also one with just tons of tomatoes and corn--the best of summer.

    The link you provided is making me feel cozy and snuggly now, too. Not sure who was enjoying all that more, the sheep or the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat and sheep cracked me up. That came up in MY Insta-feed this weekend too. Cat is like .................ooooooooooooooo, you smell so SHEEPY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! I am going to try the corn salad cuz I love cold corn sliced off the cob! Sounds great; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That kitty and that sheep!!! Love it. I could watch it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sheep and cat. What a patient sheep.
    Thanks for being so understanding about commenting. I hope next week is better but who knows. We did get our licenses and my car registered this week after multiple trip to the DMV. *sigh*
    Happy Friday Vera!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy recipe! I need to get motivated to do different recipes in this house.

    ReplyDelete