Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Tiny Needle Tuesday 5/4/21

 Good Morning!

We had some rain yesterday and it sounded so nice last night when I went to bed - like a lullaby on the roof.  I slept well!

Yesterday was a weird day and I just felt off.  It started in the morning when I decided to run to the library around 9:15 or so to drop off a book.  From there I drove over to Target - was looking for 3 specific items, none of which could I find.  Normally I would have wandered around the store - just glad to be out, seeing if there was anything I "needed," etc.  Luckily I did not do that but instead drove home.  I got in at 10 and was going to go back out to cut some Lily of the Valley but decided to check email first.  I had completely forgotten that I had a conference call at 10 a.m.!  That is so unlike me.  Anyway, I dialed in and joined the meeting.  The rest of the day was kind of the same - no more conference calls, but I kept forgetting things I had to do.  Hopefully today will be a bit more focused.

Well, it's Tuesday which means TNT - Tiny Needle Tuesday.  I have started a new sampler!  The one I picked is a little smaller than the Quaker Autumn one I just finished.  Here is a picture of the design from Needlework Press:


Creatures, flowers and angels!  What's not to like?  As I mentioned yesterday, the silk floss that I wanted for this arrived on Friday.  Once I had all the colors, I was able to lay them out against the fabrics in my stash and pick one that let the colors shine.  I don't know the brand or the specific color name...it was just sitting in my stash.  I actually did a running stitch on the side to determine the count as that was not marked either.  Turns out it is 36 count (so, stitching over 2 threads it works out to 18 stitches to the inch).  I started this on Saturday morning when I got together with Dee, and here is where it stood as of last night:


The silks are hand dyed (Belle Soie by Crescent Colours) and I am stitching with one strand of silk over 2 linen threads.  So far I'm loving this one.

It has already been a busy morning (and a busy evening last night) work-wise.  On the docket this morning is working on the org charts for our FY 2022 budgets.  It's a ton of numbers as for each account/facility I list not only the director's name, but the revenue, profit, number of managed employees and adjusted gross income.  Between the 3 divisions I support, it totals approximately 475 accounts...so, a ton of numbers.  I'm hoping to get to my closet today as well, but time will tell.  It's another grey one here and was raining lightly when I got up earlier, so no real incentive to go out.  Hopefully there will be some time later for knitting, stitching and reading.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

11 comments:

  1. That sampler has a delightful combination of items to stitch and you've made a good start on it! I'm sure that stitching with hand-dyed silk thread is lovely to do and lovely to look at. I hope dealing with 475 accounts goes well; it sounds like you will need some focus for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vera

    Your new sampler project looks pretty, I like the angel. Last night our phones were going off with tornado warnings, luckily it missed us. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors in the red wreath. It will be fun to see this sampler progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new sampler is a great pick but the thread really is beautiful-nice idea. Don't you hate it when you miss a timed appt?! Glad you were only late and didn't miss it altogether! Some days roll like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see a new sampler take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very pretty! Is stitching with silk threads different?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sampler is going to be so pretty with the thread. I think I can tell the difference. The color looks rich and deep.
    I'm sorry about the appointment and forgetting things. I do that sometimes too. It gets frustrating but I've learned to roll with it. Usually the next day is better.
    I can sympathize with you on the accounts. I used to be a bookkeeper and had 29 checking accounts to deal with. Some days were real headaches when it was time to balance the month!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Silk threads! Crazy, Vera! I love the color depth! Wow!

    And I have to ask... do you use a light? A magnifier? I would love to find out your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell you like your new project. You are flying along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous new sampler!! You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty new sampler. How nice that you and Dee could get together and stitch. Sounds like a good time.

    ReplyDelete