Monday, May 10, 2021

Weekending

 Good Morning All,

My brain feels a bit foggy this morning.  And it's grey outside which doesn't help matters.  Our next door neighbors are getting a new roof and the workers have started.  Luckily my home office is at the opposite end of the house.  Did you all have a nice weekend?  Ours was good.

We did not go to Colin & Mailing's as planned on Saturday.  Mailing had gotten her 2nd jab (Pfizer) on Thursday and had been feverish and then very fatigued.  So, they pushed our get together to Sunday which was fine with me.  Saturday I did a bunch of errands and Fletch and I did a grocery run in the late afternoon.

Sunday morning Fletch and I went out to breakfast.  The first time in I don't know how long.  The diner was fairly empty and the food was really good.  So that was a win!  When we got back I made a strawberry rhubarb pie to take over to Colin and Mailing's.


Yum!  It turned out well and I made some whipped cream to go with it.

Colin grilled chicken thighs (marinated in a habanero sauce and more marinated in a chile adobe sauce) and romain.  Mailing made some roasted potatoes and asparagus wrapped in proscuitto.  It was a lot of food...and so good!


Even Marcel tried to snack a bit:


Or else he was looking for some wine....

Anna (Mailing's sister) was also there and she did bring Otto.  He mostly stayed in the sunroom with the door to the main house shut...he could not be trusted to just stay in one room.  Colin is the only one in the group not vaccinated, but he is getting his first shot (Pfizer) this afternoon - thank God!

All in all, a lovely weekend.  I even managed to pick up my knitting needles and start a new sock!  I didn't get too far, but hopefully will show some progress on Unraveled Wednesday.  Meanwhile, work is calling...it will be another busy week (or 3-4 really).  Kind of like being off to the races!

Have a good one!

15 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have life slowly getting back to normalcy? It's been a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was smart today and ate some breakfast before reading because I was pretty sure you would write about the delicious food you had this weekend! It all looks wonderful and I'm so glad Colin is getting his first shot. I hope you have a good week despite being busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's starting to feel like Normal is on its way. So comforting!

    Your dinner sounds great. Even Marcel thought so. LOL. It's nearly impossible to keep cats from being curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am chuckling at Bonny... I thought the exact same thing! My breakfast yogurt is lacking with all this amazing food! I am so glad Colin is getting his first shot today! Yay!! Here is to a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Your dinner and weekend sound nice. We had our roof done, I had to leave the house. Luckily I was able to visit with my DIL and grandson while the roof was being done. Your pie looks yummy! Have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It warms my heart to read that families are gradually beginning to gather safely again. Your pie looks yummy! Snowing here this morning, so it will be a baking, sewing, knitting, and reading day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dinner sounds delicious and I see it is Marcel approved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pie!!!! Wow......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely weekend! Marcel is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be part of a family that cooks so well!
    Marcel looks so much like our Kola. I think all orange cats are related.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds wonderful, good luck to your son with the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im so glad your daughter in law is better now. it seems many of us were able to reunite after far too long. I was with my son in Mexico and that was amazing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to have some family time for the weekend again! Just maybe we are going to be able to add family back for good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad your son is in line for the first vaccine. It was a huge relief to me to know that my kids were vaccinated. And that pie - oh my gosh. Mine usually taste good but don't always look as beautiful as yours.

    ReplyDelete