Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Unraveled Wednesday May 12, 2021

 Good Morning All,

Today I did not sleep in, rather I woke abruptly a bit after 5 a.m.  I was stretching out my legs and suddenly got one of those cramps in my calf - a charlie horse.  Yikes!!  Luckily I was able to stop it before it became full blown.

Anway, happy birthday to Ray, my oldest brother and also to Bobby, the CEO of my company.  Happy mid-week to the rest of you.  I hope your week is going well and that you are finding time to enjoy things - knitting, stitching, reading, etc.

On this Unraveled Wednesday (linking up with Kat and friends) I am happy to say that I did start a new pair of socks.  I'm not terribly far along, but I've started and they are FUN!!


The yarn screams confetti to me...or reminds me (for some reason) of bubblegum.  The yarn is from KnitPicks and is their Muse line (75% superwash wool and 25% nylon).  The colorway is Enthusiasm Speckle and I'm knitting the pattern I Smell Snow - a free pattern on Ravelry.  I'm not sure how much the pattern will really show with all the noise of the yarn colors, but it is a nice pattern to knit - not too complicated, but interesting enough to keep one from getting bored.

This past week did not see any more progress on either the French Market Bag or the Wintertide Shawl (or the Guernsey Wrap for that matter).  Maybe I can get to one of those today...only time will tell.

There were a number of people at the office yesterday and the next two weeks will bring in even more.  Everyone is having budget meetings and, honestly, as folks get vaccinated, I think they are just happy (anxious perhaps) to get OUT.  Everyone is still wearing masks and everyone is keeping distanced so that is good.  After so long, it is just weird to see people walking around the office!  I hung around till about 10:30 and then I left.  I stopped to buy wine on my way home.  I'm not real fond of Riesling wines as I usually find them too sweet, but Fletch likes them and we were having fish for dinner.  When I saw this bottle, I had to get it (yes, I do buy wine by the label):


Ha!  Dr. G (Dee, does Giroux have a doctor's bag with a rabbit in it?).  For the record, this is a dry riesling and was actually pretty tasty (Fletch did not like it - not sweet enough for him).

When I got home after the wine shopping I picked a small bouquet for our lunch table.  Some Lily of the Valley, one little Lilac bloom and some Wood Hyacinths.  So pretty.


The bud vase is one my Mom kept in the kitchen when I was growing up.  All summer long it would hold a single rose bloom.

On the reading front, I finished another mystery by Deborah Crombie (Kissed a Sad Goodbye).  This is in a series and is not fabulous, but for some reason I keep requesting them (in order) from the library.  They are quick reads.  Last night I started a new book:  Daughters of the Dust which so far (50 pages or so) is very good.

Time to get moving!  I'll pour another cup of coffee and then get to work...it feels like this will be another busy day.  Have a good one!

18 comments:

  1. your bouquet is beautiful! Reminds me of my gram. Love the colors in your new knitting project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Vera. Those socks absolutely look like confetti! So much fun! I'll bet the knitting goes really fast with them . . . because it will feel like a party every time you pick them up. :-) And that bud vase is so sweet. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new sock and your flower bouquet! Lilies of the Valley always make me think of my kindergarten teacher, who always said they were her favorite (amazing that I remember that all these years later, isn't it?). And you are not the only one who picks wine based on the label! I have varieties that I like best, and when I can't decide, I always go for the pretty label.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of cotton candy when I saw your new sock yarn. It looks great! I also buy wine by the label and am getting a bit tired of Relax Riesling so I'm going to look for this one. That is a very sweet vase and bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed that out lily of the valley is in bloom out in the back. It makes such a sweet little bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little bouquet... so sweet! (and that wine bottle! LOVE!!) Those are happy summery socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the socks do look like bubblegum! lol The label is very cute-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I buy wine for the label too! Give me a sheep, donkey, chicken, flowers etc. and I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of bubble gum, too. There must have been a bubble gum that had a pink and blue wrapper, or a blue wrapper around that pink gum. Agree with Bonny also--cotton candy.

    I love a good dry riesling with spicy foods like buffalo wings or szechuan. Have you tried a vouvray with fish? Fletch might like it--it's sort of like a cross between a riesling and a viognier.

    Love that cute bunny on the label.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No. But, I think Giroux definitely needs a doctor bag WITH a rabbit in it. LOL

    The new sock is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wine label, but I doubt I would like the dry Riesling, as I prefer a sweet wine. Fun yarn for your new sock! My knitting is stalled: I’m spending too much time reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished Daughters IG the Dust last week. Great book! Unusually for me, I enjoyed the characters’ vernacular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little bouquet in a special vase. My lily of the valley are also blooming. The socks look like cotton candy to me and very fun. I'm glad your office folks are willing to wear masks. People around here are getting testy about mask wearing. Patience patience. I started thanking clerks, checkers etc. for wearing masks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice yarn - that looks like bubblegum to me too!
    I hate those cramps - they used to wake me up all the time. Luckily, they seemed to have settled down in the last few years. The dr told me sometimes they are caused by dehydration, and sometimes low potassium.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    The wine label with the bunny is cute, I like the Reislings dry or sweet. I love the bouquet of flowers. Your new sock is pretty, I like the speckled yarn and the pattern. I am reading a book by Thomas Perry, Jane Whitefield mystery series. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet little yarn and bouquet too. I think I accidentally pulled some Lily of the Valley last week when I was weeding. I hope it comes back. The bunny is so cute, if I were a wine drinker I would have bought it too!
    I fell asleep last night trying to answer blogs. Please forgive me if I miss one or two posts, I'm trying my hardest to keep up with everyone.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mom's vase...what a beautiful thing to remember her by. And I''m knitting socks too. So many of us seem to be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, that sweet little bouquet!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete