Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Tiny Needle Tuesday May 11, 2021

 Good Morning My Friends,

I slept in a little bit this morning!  The sun is up and the sky is blue.  It looks like it will be a fine day.  The roofers finished next door by early afternoon!  I was amazed at how quickly they put a new roof on the house, but there were plenty of workers.  

The latest sampler I am working on seems to have almost stitched on its own.  A lot was completed since last week:


And even closer:


I'm thoroughly enjoying stitching this and the richness of the silk threads adds so much.  I'm not sure why blue was chosen for the deer...but I've seen that in other samplers, so maybe it's a thing?  Whatever, it is a fun stitch and seems to be flying by.

This is short and sweet as I've got to pull things together to go to the office.  I'll drop off a book at the library on my way in and pick up some wine at the state store on my way home.  I'm hoping/planning to be at the office only for a couple of hours, so I should be home by lunch time.

Have a wonderful day and I'll be back tomorrow with an Unraveled post.

13 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a good day, Vera. (It sounds like a busy one. . . ) I love the new sampler and can't wait to watch another one unfold for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue deer? Why not! The stitching looks lovely -- I've never stitched with silk threads, but I'm sure it must be a delightful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty!!! It does have a richness that regular floss doesn't have. It's going to be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your day is going well! I think your sampler is looking beautiful! The depth of color in the floss is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did stitch a lot on this lovely new sampler, and I love the silk and blue deer! Hope it's a good (even if you're busy) day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have done a lot of stitching. I expected your last sampler finish to make you want a longer hiatus. I was way wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That thread is amazing, it's so rich and beautiful. It really does make a different. It's turning into a really lovely sampler.
    I haven't done any knitting or crocheting in several days but I guess that's to be expected. Soon everything will be done and life will return to a semblence of order. I did unpack about 8-10 boxes for the kitchen yesterday.
    Take care and I hope the work day is short!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful progress! I do love the slight color changes in the floss: it adds to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    Your new sampler is pretty, I love the angels and critters. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEE-U-TI-FUL! Drink enough wine and the blue deer will make perfect sense. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to watch your stitching progress. The library and wine - a great way to begin and end a day. If only there wasn't work in the middle. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stitching!!! This one IS coming along quickly!

    ReplyDelete