Thank you all for your concern about Mailing and your prayers, sending good vibes and good juju, etc., etc. Finally heard yesterday morning that her Covid test came back NEGATIVE!! Yay!! As I mentioned, she was sure it was just a stomach bug of some kind, but it is still such a huge relief to get the news that all is well.
Yesterday started out pretty sticky and humid. But, inspired by Kym I decided I had to do something with the over-ripe peaches, apricots, blueberries and raspberries we had. So I made a galette.
Very rustic looking and delicious! I only added a sprinkle of sugar - maybe a tablespoon at most, Fletch had some last night for a snack - warmed up in the microwave and then covered in whipped cream - and pronounced it delicious. I had a bite and thought it was pretty good. These are so much easier to make than a pie.
Of course, on a hot, sticky day having the oven on at 400 degrees is not the best (we do not have central air). But late afternoon an unexpected storm rolled through and the temp dropped from 90 to 70 in 20 minutes. Then it really started storming. At some point it got really loud and we realized it was hailing! I went out on the patio and reached out and picked up a couple of pieces.
The hail didn't last all that long, but the storms continued for a few hours. Last night I was able to sleep with no air, just the ceiling fan and the windows wide open. It felt so good!
Anyway, here we are on a Tuesday, or like we say, TNT - Tiny Needle Tuesday. I did manage to finish "Crows at Strawberry Hill" over the weekend. It took a little longer than I expected as I realized I was off on my count by one thread on the border at the bottom. Grrrr - had to rip that out and re-start. But I love the end result.
I did pick out a new Adam & Eve sampler to stitch, but I'm waiting for threads to be shipped to me. So, in the interim I pulled out an old UFO. I'm pretty sure I blogged about this piece a year or two ago when I pulled it out and worked on it a bit. Then it went back into the stitching black hole. This is The Sailor's Huswife by Darlene O'Steen. I believe this is out of print now, but is on the Bay of Evil.
Excuse all the wrinkles - this piece has been folded up for so long...Next up under the flowers is another dividing band and the balance of the alphabet. I don't plan to make the whole thing (back side and pockets to keep things in, etc.). I'm just stitching this main panel. After the dividing bands and alphabet the next (and last!) section has acorns and squirrels on it!! This is a fun piece to work on. I think I'm using 36 count fabric, but I'm not sure, and DMC threads.
As I mentioned the other week, my office is now not opening until August 6th. This Friday, July 10th, no one is allowed in the office as it is going to be "deep cleaned." Not sure what that means exactly. I will probably go in one day this week as there are things I need to print on the "big boy" paper (lol - that is what we call 11x17 paper - makes small spreadsheets that much easier to read). I'll also take in some rhubarb for my boss and leave it in one of the refrigerators for him (our rhubarb plant is going gang busters again!).
In other news I had a doctor's appointment (routine) with my primary care physician next week, but received a call that she is still not coming into the office. I didn't want a telecon appointment so they rescheduled me. The first appointment I could get is in late October! Crazy!
Well, time to fix another cup of coffee and get to work. Hope everyone is doing well.