Friday, July 7, 2017

TGIF 7-7-17

Hello All,


A quick morning post before my 8:30 conference call.  I am soooooo very ready for the weekend - luckily a short day for me.


No kitty pics this morning, but last night Colin snapped a picture of a hummingbird perched on a small branch of our apple tree.  So pretty.





We have a feeder hanging from our patio and another on our clothesline.  The hummers are finally making an appearance!  I'm always surprised at how much they like white flowers -- we have white Rose of Sharon blooming as well as Gooseneck and they love both.


I'm picking up new prescription sunglasses this afternoon and then hoping for a quiet evening - some knitting and/or stitching and reading.  I FINALLY finished The Nix last night.  Oy.  I found it a tedious read -- very wordy and a bunch of tangents that really didn't go anywhere.  The story was good, but it could have been much shorter (in my opinion).  This a.m., over coffee I started South of Broad by Pat Conroy and it is wonderful.  Love his writing so much.


Gotta run - whatever you are doing, have a wonderful weekend.  Enjoy!!



13 comments:

  1. I just got my prescription sunglasses in time for the beach vacation after my four year old pair broke...wah! I hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a hummingbird perch before; that's a great capture! I liked The Nix, but that might be because I enjoy stories with different tangents that come together. It certainly could have been shorter! Here's hoping you like South of Broad much more and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhh...another book to put into my Goodreads queue.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard to get photos of hummingbirds -- in flight or just perching. Nicely done, Collin! :-) I adored The Nix, but - like Bonny - I love rambling stories with tangents that eventually all come together for a Big Finish. Pat Conroy is wonderful, too. I'm betting you'll enjoy South of Broad. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hummingbird perching photo!!! Our wild apple trees in the woods are at about the same point. I'm thrilled they just thrive on their own. Fishing and boating today with a generous friend who likes to take us out on his boat . I'l bring a twiddle mitt along. The shawl cannot be messed with. Needs concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing hummingbirds - they are so quick.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daddio loved his hummingbirds but boy did he make a mess with those sticky feeders. I miss seeing them. We don't get them here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hummingbirds - I so hope to see one here soon. I have lots of plants that are suppose to attract them.
    Hope you have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a lovely weekend! South of Broad is next up on my "real book" pile. I've heard only good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your weekend-I never tire of the hummers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up on blog posts this morning as I do laundry. Once the laundry is finished, I'll settle in for some serious knitting and maybe a nap.

    I hope your weekend is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are having a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hummingbird photos are hard. Those little creatures move awfully fast. We have a feeder in the back yard. We see birds most days, but I've never even tried to get a photo.

    ReplyDelete