Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday's Q&A

Hello All,


Welcome back from the weekend!  Kathy B has another fun Monday Q&A:




*Have you ever changed up a S’more?


Nope.  I’m not really a fan of S’mores.


*What yarn is on your needles?  (That you will work on today?)


Sock yarn!  Brought to work – my cozy memory blanket currently working on a square in a KnitPicks yarn.  On the sock needles at home:  Black Bunny fibers yarn for the pair of socks that is taking the longest time ever!!


*You can have a gift certificate to Knit Picks, Etsy, or Webs.  Which do you choose?


Knit Picks!


*What’s your middle name?  Do you use it at all?


Ellen.  My full name was used a lot when I was young because my Mom was also Vera.  Now-a-days it is not used much.


*Last place you went that took cash only


Can’t remember – either a vendor at a fiber festival or a small food vendor.


*Have you ever had Baked Alaska?


Yes!  My Mom would make it usually once a year or so.


*Give a yarn skein a name that reflects the nighttime


Shooting Star – deepest, darkest blue shot through with trails or white or yellow.


*Bar soap, foam soap or liquid hand soap?  (in your bathrooms)


In the shower – Araignee’s soap (THE BEST).  By the sink for washing my face – Araignee’s soap (THE BEST).  To wash hands:  foaming soap (love that too)


*Last time you got a ticket?


Hmmm, believe it was before I got married, so probably 39 or 40 years ago!


*Last time you had a car-hop bring your carry out to you?


When I was a youngster – at an A&W in Vermont.  I loved going there.


 


The weekend was lovely.  Had a great time with my friend Leslie on Friday night.  The new (to me) Mexican restaurant was just okay.  I had vegetarian enchiladas and Leslie ordered fish tacos and we shared everything.  The food was average and they were unwilling/unable to modify some items to not include jalapenos for Leslie, and our margaritas were weak.  But, the main issue was the noise volume.  The music was blaring and there was so much noise echoing around that it was difficult to have a conversation without shouting.  Not a place I will go back.  We ended up at a Starbucks for after dinner coffee.  Despite that, it was wonderful to see Leslie again.


 


The rest of the weekend rolled into place with nothing on the agenda.  I got laundry done and grocery shopping and other than that I read and knit and stitched.  Pretty much a perfect weekend if you ask me!

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE your nighttime yarn! When you dye it, save a skein or two for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it annoying when the music is too high!!! We were in a coffee shop the other day, where you would assume you could have a chat with a friend, and the music was CRAZY loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shooting Star is a great name and I"d love to see those colors together in a handsome skein!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shooting Star would be a stellar (pun intended) yarn!

    I detest restaurants that have a lot of noise and make conversation impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made soap today for a big fall giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultra-noisy places make me stabby - what is the point?

    Were you named for the actress Vera Ellen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the night yarn-it sounds like a great colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your night-time yarn is certainly a winner! and I'm impressed about your ticket record (I wish mine were that clean ...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hate noisy places! That restaurant does not sound like it's the place to go. At least you got to be with your friend! (I loved going to A&W as a kid too!!! Junior burger! :D Root beer!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dislike noisy restaurants, it's difficult to have a conversation! My in laws are hard of hearing and it's really awful to be with them in that environment. Your perfect weekend is my perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My carhop memory was at an A&W as well! I never got the root beer, though, because I wasn't a fan. I always got the teensy squatty mug of orange drink.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun responses. Do you not have traffic cameras? We do all around and one *has* to get a ticket for "speeding," like one-tenth of a mile over the limit - at least once a year! Lots of little municipalities on US Route 1 - it's how they make their budget, I think!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete