Good Morning!
Looks like we are in for a rainy day. I've a load of wash in already, so the dryer will be put to use. And I have a bunch of things I'd like to accomplish today. We shall see...I tend to be full of big plans that don't always materialize. But, no harm if I don't get everything done.
Yesterday was a lovely day with Iris. We were outside for some swinging time and also playing in her mud kitchen. That girl loves to wash dishes! LOL. As I had hoped, I was able to finish the foot of the sock (25 rows) while she napped. My intention was to finish up the toe area last night while listening to John of John. But that did not happen. I was distracted by other things and then we watched another episode of Ted Lasso and then I was too dang tired to knit!
On Tuesday my brother in Colorado (Boulder) texted me that a neighbor had come up in his driveway to warn him to keep the dogs inside - a mother bear and her cub were sitting on the fence between their properties. Phil said he would not try to get close enough for a picture. But then a little later he texted that the bears had decided to move on.
I cannot imagine seeing that in my backyard!
Time to get moving on the day. Yesterday when I walked out to the garden to check on the large tomatoes (all still green), I noticed more beans:( both yellow and green to pick as well as more cherry tomatoes. I'd like to get out before the rain comes. I'll also grab a bunch of parsley as I plan to make some basil/parsley pesto for dinner tonight.
What do you have going on today? I hope it is something fun!

Bears are interesting at a distance but I have no desire to see one (or two) up close. It's a rainy day here, too. I have a bunch of things I've been putting off, like vacuuming and mending. But I've also thought that it seems like an ideal day for a nap, so I'll have to see what gets done.
ReplyDeleteWe often have bears in our neighbor. There is a green belt behind our yard that the deer and the bears use. This usually happens in the early morning. One day, when the boys were younger, we watched (from inside) a bear saunter through the backyard, stopping to much some berries and nosing around the digging are where the boys often play. It was amazing and a bit unnerving.
ReplyDeleteBears are so cool! There are small populations in pockets of Southern Ontario, but I've never seen one. Where my Dad goes moose hunting there are lots of them - but he says they like to keep to themselves.
ReplyDeleteI love all the videos on the internet of bears playing on kids swings and in pools and stuff.
Wow! Several years ago, my neighbor had two bears in his yard so he called the Animal Control people. They told him to stay inside with any dogs he owns and let the bears move on before he went outside again! Not what he expected them to say but good advice! lol
ReplyDeleteWe had planned on retiring to northern Maryland near Deep Creek Lake where real estate is much cheaper but there are BEARS up there. My former principal's daughter moved up there and found a BEAR in her front seat one morning. Her daughter had left a cookie in the car. No thank you.
ReplyDeleteWe had a bear here three different years and this isn't a heavily wooded area at all. In the sun they look like black jello walking.
ReplyDeleteMy garden is about done, it was a really bad year. Half the tomato plants are already pulled, zukes are the only thing thriving.
Oy, I wouldn't care to have a bear in my neighborhood either but sister had some around their Minnesota lake home this summer. I went with my husband to a cardiology appointment this a.m. and got groceries. The cupboard was bare - no pun intended - so I was glad to restock.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't want a bear outside my house, but it is cool to see as long as they leave everyone alone! This morning when I took Ruthie out first thing, there was a very scary (ha) deer in our street, which she promptly chased off. In the past, that would have been a shocking sight, but they're getting more and more common. I just hope it didn't encounter any cars when it ran off!
ReplyDeleteWhile I think it would be so amazing to see a bear in the wild... in the neighborhood is an entirely different scenario!
ReplyDelete