Monday, December 14, 2020

Monday Again

 Good Morning!

It's raining here...and is supposed to rain ALL day.  Come Wed-Thurs though we are supposed to receive 5-8" of the white stuff!  That should make it all look festive.  We've stocked up on suet, peanuts and sunflower seeds so our birds will be happy.

I will say the weekend seemed to fly by.  I don't feel as though I did all that much, yet here we are at Monday morning again.  I'm at the office (and I'm the only one here...I think Bill is coming in, not sure about Bruce).  I've a conference call at 10 and before then I have a ton of stuff that needs to be printed in color and/or on ledger paper (neither of which I can do at home).  I brought in the last package I have to ship for the holidays and will take care of that.  I'm hoping to get out of here by Noon, but we shall see.

Saturday I stayed home and did laundry and a little bit of cleaning.  Fletch went out early to the farm stand and got a perfect Christmas tree for us.  Yesterday we got that inside and it is settling a bit before Fletch gets the lights on it.  We will decorate it later this week.  I did manage to get two batches of cookies made yesterday.


Oatmeal raisin on the left (Fletcher's favorite) and espresso chip (!! - YUM) on the right.  A few more batches to make.  Fletch will drop some off for the couple he still works for occasionally and we'll need to drop some off for Colin & Mailing.  Lord knows that we do not need ALL the cookies staying at our house...or in our bellies!!  LOL

That book in the upper left corner of the picture (A Spool of Blue Thread by Ann Tyler) was dropped off at the library on my way into work this morning.  I gave up on it.  Just found it more annoying than interesting.

The kayaks we ordered for Colin & Mailing back in August were FINALLY delivered to them last Thursday!  Fletch dropped by their place on Friday and took a quick peek at them.  Colin had moved them into the basement and Marcel is ready to go kayaking!!  LOL


I'm not sure how Talbot feels about them.

Time for me to get to work.  Hope everyone has a great week!

15 comments:

  1. someone wants to go kayaking! My weekend was casual and that was perfect for me!! we are to get snow and we are wondering when to get groceries done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayaks are an awesome present! And--bonus!--Marcel-approved.

    My Christmas gift shopping is DONE, and our tree is up. I'm glad it's your turn for the snow this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    The cookies sound delicious! I heard we could have 6-12 inches on Wed-Thur. I hope not, a dusting of snow is just enough for me. Cute shot of Marcel waiting to go kayaking. Enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain here too —all week it seems. I am going to bake some cookies to exchange with our daughters and then spend an enormous amount of time in my sewing room because it feels like I need that diversion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm ... cookies! They look good, and Marcel looks adorable. I like your snow totals much better than what my weather is showing me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white stuff fell all weekend. I stayed inside to knit, read, sew and put puzzles together. I always enjoyed cookie gifts from the neighbors this time of year. Your two batches look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Nancy, we had snow off and on all weekend. This morning it was off to the post office to mail the sweater and a quick stop at Hobby Lobby when it opened. I was the only person in the store besides employees. Just how I wanted it. Got two skeins of dishcloth yarn for a friend and bebopped home. I've shoveled our little spot out and now I'm going to watch Christmas videos and knit. Fun!
    Marcel looks like he's waiting for the water to appear. :-) And those cookies. Oh my. I'm not baking any sweets this year because I don't need them and I'm the one who would eat them.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the kayaks finally showed up. A little too chilly for right now, but I'm sure they will be much enjoyed.

    It's snowing here now. Nothing is laying on the ground yet.

    The cookies look tasty and can't wait to see your tree all decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are on the rain line for the big storm and I am so bummed. After all this rain today more rain sounds awful. Nothing kills my holiday spirit like mud and rain when everyone around us is getting snow. I've been pouting all day...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're lucky to be expecting snow.. it makes it so festive on the run up to xmas. Your kids are going to love those kayaks! I'm jealous of your cookies.. I need to make some. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cookie baking... I love how it makes the house smell! (all those cookies though, oh boy. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely want to bake some cookies next week, when we're officially on vacation, but like you I'm going to need some people to share them with so I don't eat them all! Espresso chip cookies sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to bake some cookies....yours look delicious! I like the photo of Marcel in the kayak!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh fun -kayaks. Those kids will enjoy them for years. Your cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual moral values and interested in inflection. It was founded. The Illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual moral values and interested in inflection. It was founded on the principles of love, justice, unity, peace and relief. Illuminati gather needs goodwill, regardless of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become the best in society. Do you want to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and stand out in life? You were $20,000,000 as your first benefit giving. Please contact me now or whatsapp domain me +2347057052206 / +255688381932 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete