Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Two Finishes!!

Good Morning Everyone!

How are you on this Tuesday morning?  I am ok.  Lunch yesterday was very nice.  It was a farewell luncheon for one of our employees (the CEO's assistant who is leaving after 22 years!!).  We ate at Davio's where we've had some other work functions.  Appetizers had been ordered ahead of time (calamari, little spring rolls, shrimp cocktail and some raw tuna which I did not eat), there was champagne and I had short ribs for the main course.  They tasted good, but I did not feel well the rest of the day!  I did go home after lunch (we didn't leave the restaurant till 2:30 or so) and had major indigestion the balance of the day and all evening.  Yuck!

But...I was able to finish up the second sock despite feeling crappy.


Several folks commented yesterday on how speedy I was knitting.  Honestly, it's not that I'm a speedy knitter, it's that I did nothing else - lol.  My bathrooms need to be cleaned, but knitting was more fun.  I do like these socks a lot - they just make me smile!

Next up, I will cast on for Mailing's ear/headband.  I may do that at lunch today.  I'd like to concentrate on that, the newly discovered shawl, and get back to the Canary Blanket (I think my arms are rested enough to manage some of that).  But, knowing myself, I bet I have another pair of socks cast on by the time the work week wraps up.  Because, knitting socks is apparently what I do!  Fletch has asked for some more (he would like some cotton ones again which may necessitate a yarn purchase...).

The other finish is another book!  This is another poetry book, so short, but pretty good.  The book is Clinch River by Susan Hankla who (I believe) is a friend of Fletcher's cousin Kathy (they both live in Richmond, VA).  I found it to be good - a bit intense in places.  She is definitely a "Southern writer."

It is another grey day here...no sign of the sun at all.  And even though it is above freezing it feels pretty raw outside.  I hope everyone's week is going well!


16 comments:

  1. I still think you're a speedy knitter! I am not an immaculate house cleaner, but socks seem to take me forever. I am impressed with your sock finishing and you are indeed a sock knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish! I hope you have another project lined up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are an insanely speedy knitting! And, I love the yarn in those socks! I finished a poetry book this week too that has been lodged in my brain ever since! Good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope today is a better day.

    The socks look great. You'll be needing them. Today just feels raw outside. Warm socks are a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like those socks and you finished them very quickly.
    I'm sorry that you didn't feel well after lunch. It's so rare that we eat out at a nicer restaurant that it would be very disappointing. I certainly hope you're feeling better today Vera.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, sorry you were feeling ill. Hopefully you are feeling better and the food did not make you sick. The socks are pretty, well done. Have a happy day and great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I always choose knitting over cleaning the bathrooms. Just sayin.) Those are great socks, Vera! And from here, you appear to be a very speedy knitter! I hope you're feeling more settled today. (Ugh. I hates the indigestion. . .) XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. The luncheon for your retiring coworker sounds lovely: I'm sorry you didn't feel well afterward. Love the socks! It's unseasonably warm (34°) today and not a puff of wind. It's really quite nice for the end of January.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever people marvel over how much I do or how fast I do it or how often... I always mention how much I hate dusting!! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those socks are fun! I love the texture with the stripy yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely lovely socks! Isn't it amazing how much knitting can get done when we ignore bathroom cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, just knit what your lil knit heart desires!!!! Your socks are awesome. I am obsessed with vacuuming. I do it everyday. Im weird. I never clean as well in summer. NEVER. I hope your headband is a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What color does Mailing want for her headband/ear warmer? Yours turned out fab.. are you using the same pattern? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful socks. And I am with Kym - I choose knitting over bathroom cleaning most days. I admire your persistence with socks and your ability to use small blocks of time to make good progress with your knitting.

    ReplyDelete