Monday, June 3, 2019

What a Klutz!!

Good Morning!

How was your weekend? Mine was not exactly as planned.  We started out Saturday morning driving over to Colin & Mailing's.  From there we walked to breakfast (about a mile walk through lovely neighborhoods) and after breakfast walked over to the Farmers' Market.  Walking back to Colin & Mailing's from the Farmers' Market, I managed to trip on the uneven sidewalk and go down hard.  My right knee was torn up pretty badly.  We bandaged me up back at the house and had some delicious drinks and then Colin grilled lunch for us.  By the time Fletch and I got home (around 4 p.m.), my knee was still bleeding badly so off to the Urgent Care we went.  I ended up getting 8 stitches in my knee - right across the part where you bend when walking...I have to keep my leg straight for several days.  Geeze!  Maybe all this walking isn't such a good idea for me.

Dee and I had made plans to meet up for some coffee, chatting, knitting and lunch on Sunday...but I can't drive!  Dee is so sweet😊 - she came over and picked me up and off we went.  It was so good to get together with her again.  Thanks Dee for being such a good friend!

We did get some very good things at the Farmers' market on Saturday.  A bunch of different mushrooms and Sea Beans which I had never heard of.  They are delicious!  Great just to snack on and I think they would be wonderful in a salad.  The woman who sold them to me said she likes to oil a grill pan and then just lightly grill them.  Yum.

Anyhoo, I set about to make dinner last night:


First I sauteed some shallots and garlic scapes, then added all the mushrooms...cooked things a bit and added cherry tomatoes and fresh basil (and more EVOO).  Served over "ancient grains" pasta - it was delicious:


Sunday morning I re-started (yes there was some unraveling) the Odyssey shawl and I am up to the point where I unraveled.


I wanted the dark yarn at the top of the shawl and it will move into the light greens as I go along.  The pattern (so far) is easy to memorize and the yarn is really nice to knit.  There is a bit of stellina in it, so a bit of sparkle.  I love it!

Well, Fletch drove me into work this a.m., and I guess I should get some work-work done instead of blogging - lol.  Hope you all have a great day!

19 comments:

  1. Oh man! OUCH! I am so sorry about your fall! But, yay to Dee for being an awesome friend :)

    Hopefully you are back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your fall and stitches, but it sounds like you're managing like a real trooper. Your pasta looks absolutely delicious and I'm going to look for some sea beans. They sound quite interesting. Keep that leg straight and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Vera! For heaven's sake. This had better be it for the Falling Down now. But rather than take to your Fainting Couch, you rallied and made an awesome meal. YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL!

    LOL.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, two tumbles in a week is two too many! Take care of yourself. Love the beginning of the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! I'm so sorry, Vera. That was quite a tumble. Here's to quick healing! (And, my! That pasta looks delicious!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Mom did something similar a few years back but her knee broke as well! At least you can still knit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn it. I hope you knee heals up sooner rather than later. In the meantime, you have some nice shawl knitting to keep you company. Shawl knitting is comfort knitting. Happy belated Anniversary! I love your comment about more wedded bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my what a nasty fall! That will put a wrinkle in your plans for the next few weeks! Hope you heal quickly--the shawl will look great going from dark to light; good call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally catching up ... Happy Anniversary and oh my, I'm so sorry about your falls! how long til you can drive again? maybe until you get a second car? ;-) Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your knee is doing much better.

    Didn't we have a gorgeous day for getting out???

    Glad to see the shawl is progressing along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO sorry about your fall. That's enough of that! Mandy was working Urgent Care Saturday, too bad it wasn't her clinic you went to. You could have at least talked knitting!
    I'm so glad Dee was able to get you for a nice day out. You both seem like wonderful people and I'm glad you get to visit often. I wish I was there too. You and I would have to hold each other up, or Dee could just play nurse to us when we fell! Ha!
    Take care and heal quickly with NO MORE FALLS!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I never would have guessed your weekend meant stitches OUCH. Sweet Dee to come and get you and get you out for yarn therapy!
    You are a brave one with that dark yarn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dang.. your accident sounds awful! Sorry this happened. But you can't keep you down, cooking and all! I'm glad you got the shawl going the way you want.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. I sure hope it doesn't hurt as bad as it sounds. I do not like whole wheat pasta at all, not sure I've seen this one around here. Tried the brown rice one and surprisingly, no strong taste at all! Be careful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good golly! You have had a run of bad luck. Stitches are pretty miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. VERA! I told you that you are NOT to follow my lead trying to become the Queen of Falling!

    Seriously, I hope you will heal quickly and be back to walking and not falling soon. It's so annoying - all of a sudden you are headed south and it just doesn't seem to end well. I nearly tripped and fell three times on my way to work this a.m. So I started to pay attention rather than just think my own thoughts. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh!! praying you heal quickly - and my walking can be dangerous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! I hope your knee is better. I fell three times last year, and had a near miss... and then changed my shoes (I was wearing the same "thongs" every single time).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am 48, have 3 children, 2 boys age 25 and 22 and a daughter of 11. My husband left me last year after 25 years of marriage (he turned 50). It has been the most difficult year of my life, but full of lessons about myself and what life and marriage are all about. I am passionate about marriage and i didn't give up on my husband. resides in USA, I entered online in search of advice on how i can amend my marriage while i was at work. I saw so many positive reviews and nice feed back about how a Doctor called Robinson.buckler@ yahoo. com has been wonderful with his work. I gave a shot to make contact with him via his Email and he assured me that my marriage will be peaceful and i believed in his words. 16 hours after he finished work, my husband came back home pleading and now, we are living peacefully again. Get in contact with him if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete