Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Unraveled Wednesday 6-12-19

Good Morning!


It is another beautiful day here in Eastern PA.  We've been having low humidity and cooler nights which make for perfect sleeping weather.

The other day I was able to knit a bunch of rows on the Tosh Tart sock and I've now started the heel flap.


Hoping to again be able to work on this at lunch and get through the flap and the heel turn.  Tosh yarn is just a delight to knit with and the color is wonderful.

The only unraveling that has occurred is on the appliance side - oh joy!  Saturday I put the sheets in the washer.  When the cycle had ended I took them out of the washer to hang outside.  They were dripping - as in the spin cycle had not spun!  Luckily it was a sunny and breezy day, so the sheets did dry.  I tried another small load thinking it was just a fluke, but the same thing happened.  So, the "appliance wizard" (a repair person Fletch calls whenever we have an issue) is coming over today.  I'm hoping for a quick (inexpensive) fix rather than having to go out and buy a new machine.  But, honestly, I can't remember when we bought the washer and we can't seem to find any manual/paperwork for it.  That leads me to believe that it is over 20 or 25 years old!  If we do need to replace it, I guess I won't be surprised.

We did finally start to look at cars over the weekend too.  We want something economical to drive, and looked at VWs and Mazdas.  Monday Fletch checked out Hondas and Subarus.  He still wants to check out a few Hybrids (I think Toyotas) and then we will road test some.  So far we like the Subaru CrossTrek and the VW Golf - both small SUVs - almost like high station wagons.  I drove Colin's Mazda 3 yesterday and really like it, but it is 2 years old and I don't like the newer  model.  Luckily we are not in a huge rush.

Meanwhile, my week at work has been spent on large spreadsheets.  More of the same today.

To find out what others are up to, hop over to Kat's to see what folks are knitting/reading this week.

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear on your washer. I have the same situation -- no idea when we last bought a washer or dryer. I keep waiting for them to break down. Knock on wood, so far they are still going. Hope you can get yours repaired quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Maytag is still going strong--since 2000! And so is my Prius, since 2010 (and my hybrid Highlander, since 2007). Neither of those two cars has had to have any work done other than routine maintenance. It's incredible.

    (Now I'm knocking on all the wood I can see.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for a quick, inexpensive fix from the appliance wizard. I had a 28 year old Maytag that I had to replace when it finally died for good, but since then the lifespan of new washing machines seems very short. They're almost disposable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather has been absolutely perfect!
    The sock is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bugger about the washer, but I will say, I love my new one. Very efficient.

    The sock looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your washer. We had to replace ours a few years ago and I love it. It's top loading as the front loader only lasted about 10 years. The repair person said it's cheaper to buy a new one that repair them. I think they made appliances better 30-40 years ago than they do now. They seem to be disposable appliances now.
    As for the car, I have a 2018 Honda CRV and absolutely love it! It's my second CRV and I really don't think I'll ever own anything else. Very, very reliable car and I get 40 mpg on the highway! That's my sales plug for you. :-) . I hope you find exactly what you want.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate both car shopping and appliance break-downs, so I am very sympathetic to your woes! (I'm on our 4th Subaru -- we love 'em. I drive an Outback now, and had a Forester before that. Tom drove an Outback for 12 years,and before that had some sporty Subaru I can't recall the name of.) Good luck with your "replacements." XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been beautiful, hasn't it? It would be nice if this was the way summer always was. I haven't even seen a mosquito yet-knock on wood.
    My washer has been making strange noises too. We've taken it apart several times but I bet it's on its last legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We own a mazda and a honda, both are great. I hate to car shop because listening to them BS is beyond annoying. However, having the internet and knowing so much there is less dickering about on the price, so that's a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Few things are worse around the house than finicky appliances. I hope your repair guy can easily fix the washer. Toss is a heavenly yarn for knitting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, boo on the washer! (I mean really... things like that should just last forever because they are such unfun things to buy!)

    Good luck on your car hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what Kat said ... except that a new washer will be so much easier and faster and economical ... and I'm sure you'll feel the same about the car - once you make the decisions. and the purchases. I'm glad you have socks to knit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im a honda lover. Somedays I think we need a second vehicle. But it is rare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a real beauty of a sock! Happy hunting on the vehicle front!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sock looks great. I like the name too - Tosh Tart Sock. It sounds as if the sock could tell a good story. Car shopping is my least favorite kind of shopping but it sounds as if you have all kinds of good ideas. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am 48, have 3 children, 2 boys age 25 and 22 and a daughter of 11. My husband left me last year after 25 years of marriage (he turned 50). It has been the most difficult year of my life, but full of lessons about myself and what life and marriage are all about. I am passionate about marriage and i didn't give up on my husband. resides in USA, I entered online in search of advice on how i can amend my marriage while i was at work. I saw so many positive reviews and nice feed back about how a Doctor called Robinson.buckler@ yahoo. com has been wonderful with his work. I gave a shot to make contact with him via his Email and he assured me that my marriage will be peaceful and i believed in his words. 16 hours after he finished work, my husband came back home pleading and now, we are living peacefully again. Get in contact with him if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete