Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Mid-Week

Good Morning All,


So far I have managed to survive my re-entry to work.  The days have been long and I have been pretty tired in the evening, but overall it was better than it could have been!  And I had lovely presents waiting for me when I got back, and a vase of gorgeous tulips was delivered on Monday:




Today a group of us are going out to lunch at Davio's which is supposed to be  great place...I'm excited!!


I've done a little bit of knitting on the sock since I last posted, but not much and nothing picture-worthy.  Still hoping to finish it by the weekend and start the second one.


Meanwhile, Spring...or perhaps Summer...has arrived.  Temps today are to be in the upper 80's and then hit 90 tomorrow!  I don't like it really hot, but I'm enjoying being able to sit on our patio after work with a beverage and just relax before dinner.  Our Redbud tree is doing so well this year.  It is young and in the past has only had sparse blooms on a few branches.  Many more this year:




The buds are still closed - once they open it will be gorgeous!  (That's our shed to the right...sits at the edge of our woods.)  And last night we noticed the first buds beginning to open on our apple tree.


With the expected heat today, I cooked some food last night (after dinner) for our dinner tonight - we'll have cold shrimp and a pasta salad loaded with peppers, onions, broccoli, sugar snap peas, marinated artichokes and Kalamata olives.  I love coming home and having dinner already prepared!


That's my mid-week.  There will be a few busy, busy weeks at work as our budget season starts today.  Better busy than bored though!  Hope your week is going well.

11 comments:

  1. There are loads of good things in this post! Your redbud looks lovely, and I think ours is also the nicest it has been. And apple blossoms already! I made pasta salad last night, too, but nothing quite as good as yours sounds. I hope your week continues to be as good as it has been so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have flowers delivered to your desk on your first day back at work. They are beautiful and as the open they will be gorgeous. Temps are still in flux here, rainy and dreary one day and warm and lovely the next, but Spring has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to receive a tulip bouquet to brighten up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner for tonight sounds delicious!!!

    I love seeing all the flowering trees right now. I even saw some dogwoods in Philadelphia yesterday. Our dogwoods around here still only have buds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red bud is just beautiful!!! Red buds just get more blooms the older they get -- such a treat! Each year, more gorgeous. Enjoy the spring -- such a beautiful time of year. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers!
    It's been summer like here, but we're suppose to get rain (thunderstorms) for two days which will cool things off to more spring like temps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty collection of flowers. Thanks for sharing. I Love the heat!!! I was so overjoyed with the heat, the screened porch, the return of hummies and thunder last night

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's warm! Enjoy the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With all your warm weather I am sure those buds have all popped. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many good things - and hopefully cooler temps coming - we haven't hit 90 yet (thank goodness), but it sure seems like summer is going to be early.

    ReplyDelete