Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A BIG Tree!

Hi All,


Thanks for your kind comments on my finished socks.  They were fun to knit!  I'm now working on the lace medallion pair I had started (and put away) before vacation.  They're coming along nicely - picture soon.


Meanwhile, Colin took the day off yesterday and spent it with Fletch.  They watched a movie (Black Panther), did some errands and then took a walk on a trail in Collegeville (believe it is one of the "Rails to Trails" in the area).  Look at the tree they came upon:





That's Col with his arms spread in front of it.  HUGE!!!  I love finding trees like this (and wish I had been with them).


Well, another busy day here at work and I got in a little late because I stopped to vote on my way in.  It is supposed to be HOT here today (90) with strong thunderstorms (and possible flooding) this afternoon.


Hope your week is going well!







12 comments:

  1. We've been having heavy rains for several days here. It's good for the garden, but some of our roads are flooded now! That is QUITE the tree! I think you'll have to get out for a walk on that trail soon, so you can see it for yourself. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those big ol' trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine the stories that tree could tell! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That tree is really something, and it's a great photo of Colin. I do hope storms aren't too bad this afternoon and evening. That's when I'm heading home from DE and while 95 is not my favorite route to travel any time, I definitely don't enjoy driving it during strong thunderstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I had big trees!!! It is hot isn't it? I've got the AC going. It feels like the 4th of July around here already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magnificent tree and Colin looks handsome standing by it! It's warm here in our part of Oregon too.. but I love it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great tree - I do hope you get to take that hike to see it for yourself ... and how very cool that Colin took off a day to spend with his dad. Take care with the storms - they're headed here, too. But at least they broke the heat - it was 90+ all weekend, but only 78 when I was out today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a huge tree.Magnificent. Wishing you a little storm with no flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tree-wouldn't you love to hide up in its branches!
    Have an easier day today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to see large trees and their branching patterns. This is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that’s a tree! I love trees and I’d be truly mesmerized by this one. You must go see it, too!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete