Monday, May 14, 2018

A Finish! And The Weekend!

Good Morning!


Hoping everyone had a nice weekend.  Ours was very nice!  It began with me leaving work at Noon on Friday (I need to do this EVERY week - lol).  I stopped for a few errands on my way home and then did my workout, took a shower, and (finally) finished up the plain socks in the Cascade Heritage colorway Baltimore.  I love the way these turned out.




They almost match perfectly, but I think towards the end of the leg of sock #2 I lost count of rows (knitting with a friend and talking will do that...Dee....), so the heels and the toes are a little off (but those will be in my shoes anyway, so who cares?).


And, I still had time to sit on the patio with Fletch before dinner.


Saturday was pretty overcast and cooler than we thought it would be.  I worked out first thing in the a.m. before Colin & Mailing picked us up shortly after 10 a.m. and we headed into Philadelphia.  We parked and then walked over to Whetstone Tavern for brunch/lunch.  So good!  I started off with the "Como La Flor" cocktail which is thyme tequila, St. Germaine, Compari and lime.  Delicious!  And, I think I can easily replicate this.  I ordered the shrimp & grits which was wonderful.  Mailing had the duck confit & butternut squash hash, Fletch had calamari and Col order the Dad's Double Burger.  Service was great.  We had hoped to sit outside, but traffic was just a bit too loud to be able to enjoy sitting outside.


After that, we walked over to the Museum of the American Revolution.  I think we were all under-whelmed by it.  All of the galleries are pretty dim/dark and we found reading the information to be extremely difficult in that lighting (and not just us older folks - lol).  There are short (and very loud) film clips in almost every gallery.  All in all, we felt it was a place best suited to a group of school children, or people bringing their kids.  Fletch and I ended up sitting outside for an hour plus waiting for Colin and Mailing to come out and it was fun just to have time to people watch.


When we got home Colin fired up the grill and mixed up some blueberry mojitos.  We had hot chicken (so good), cole slaw, baked beans, collards and strawberry shortcake for dessert.  It was a great treat to have someone else do the cooking!  We were ready to eat outside, but a thunderstorm rolled in just as Colin was finishing grilling.


Sunday dawned wet and chilly (low 50's).  I made a big frittata for breakfast (scallions, mushrooms, left over collards and peppers).  We did some grocery shopping, napped in the afternoon, did a bit of laundry, knit a bit and read some.  I also did my work out (7 days in a row!!).  I ended up fixing baked macaroni & cheese for dinner - craving some comfort food on that damp day.


All in all, a very nice weekend.  Now it is back to reality.  I have a large group of people in today for the start of budget reviews, so I'd best get to work.  Here's to a quick work-week!





13 comments:

  1. I love those socks and all the great food you fit into your weekend! Budget reviews don't sound like fun, but I hope the week goes quickly so you can have another good weekend (minus dark and loud museums next time)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend adventures sound like fun, and your food choices, yummy!

    Love the finished socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy weekend! and yay for finished socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks turned out great. My stripey socks never match exactly even when I do count right. I think we should just keep talking and knitting anyways. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice socks! and it sounds like you had the perfect weekend. if you can leave work at noon, why not do it all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks! Sounds like you had a great weekend with lots of great food and company. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are fabulous. That is such a pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your socks are perfection. Your dinner sounds amazing. Fireman took me to dinner on Saturday night: I ate...... a plate sized pretzel. Im serious. It was so off the weight watcher realm. I just wanted bread so bad. IT was heavenly oh and 2 tequila sunrises

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sock!
    I love the weeks where I can get all my work done by Thursday and have Friday free. Of course, this is much easier for me because I don't have to go into an office.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend! The socks turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, I think it would be fun to see that museum. I'm sorry it wasn't that fun for you. But the rest of your weekend sounded fabYOUlous! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those socks are fabulous! And Colin's dinner sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great way to spend a special weekend! Love your socks!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete