Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Felines

Hello All,


A little overcast this morning (storms expected late this afternoon and/or evening), but still a very pretty sunrise and I heard geese flying overhead when I stepped out on our patio this morning.  Everything is popping open - apple blossoms, weeping cherry, Redbud, wild roses.  And my allergies have also kicked into high gear.  Yuck.  I woke up completed stuffed and head-achy this a.m.


Poor Tyg had a tiny scratch beneath his left eye (I thought at first it was a deer tick).  When I got home from work on Monday his whole left cheek was swollen and then I noticed that his fur was all matted beneath the swelling.  Yuck again!  We ended up using a warm compress on him and then put some Neosporin on (which he did not like), but it did the trick.  The swelling started to go down.  I had to do one more compress the following day, but now he is all back to normal.  (And a vet bill avoided.)


Meanwhile, here is Marcel in his glory:





LOL.  Mailing ran a Spartan Beast race last Saturday and Marcel is wearing her medal.  Yay for Mailing (I certainly wouldn't and couldn't do that race) - she actually ran it in (I think) just around 5 hours.  I couldn't get the link to work, but if you are not familiar with these races, the beast is 15 miles and there are a lot of obstacles to go through (jumping over fire, going through mud, carrying heavy buckets up hills, etc.).  You have to complete not only the run but all obstacles as well.  She is signed up for two more Spartan races this year - the easy one and the middle one.  I'm glad the beast is over for her.


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.  I have plans to meet up with Dee for knitting and coffee tomorrow - looking forward to that!

14 comments:

  1. This weather is killing me. It may be warm but the pollen....oh my. I've got a headache that won't quit and can't stop sneezing. I can't wait until spring and then I hate it. I hope it rains all weekend in spite of the MDSW (it does keep the crowds down) to wash all that nasty pollen away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My allergies are bad this year, too. I love having the windows and doors open, but it's not the greatest idea.

    Poor Tyg! Good to hear that your treatment worked on the sore cheek. Kudos to Mailing for finishing that grueling race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray for medal winning! I don't think I could win a medal in anything except in knitting and they do not give them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcel makes a lovely model.

    Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Tyg Tyg. Heal up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty kitty; glad he's OK now! Have fun with Dee; we will be spending the morning rehearsing for our Sunday choir concert. That race sounds very difficult; good work Mailing on the medal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That sounds like quite the challenging race! Hurray for Mailing!!! I'm glad your Tyg is healing. (Neosporin is good for just about anything, isn't it? I consider it the WD-40 of the health care world.) Enjoy the weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Mailing!!! I am impressed!!! Marcel looks quite dapper with his prize.

    See you in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on doctoring your cat yourself.. I can imagine you saved a LOT of money! Thanks for popping by my blog.. I'm going to add you to my blog list so I will know when you post. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh to be that fit. Very impressive!

    My Nitzy has had an eye problem for a month and the rims are swollen and inflamed. I don't know how I could get him to a vet let alone administer eye drops. But I need to call a mobile vet and find out. Glad Tyg is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcel is a beauty; she reminds me of my lovely I used to have.
    I'm glad the swollen cut is resolved for Tyg! Yikes!
    Incredible to think running that kind of race-congrats on her finish! Have a good time with Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Spartan Beast - wow! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always amazed by the people who put themselves through such agony--and for FUN. I don't get it.

    Poor Tyg. The perils of being an outdoorsy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how Mailing did all the hard work and Marcel gets to wear the medal! I hope you and Dee have fun together, and I wish you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete