Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Cats and Trees

Hi Everyone,


Well, I had all good intentions of posting yesterday, but my phone stopped working sometime during the night Sunday night.  So instead, I came to work, got on my 10 a.m. conference call, and then left the office for 3 hours to (as it turned out) get a new phone.  Oy!  We are so dependent on our devices, aren't we?  I almost never talk on my cell phone, but I do text and I do use the camera for pictures.  So, it is a necessity.  Luckily I use an Android, so not as expensive as it could have been.


The weekend was lovely.  Saturday I met up with Dee for coffee and knitting and then we moved across the street for lunch.  The food was delicious, but the company was even better.  I am so thrilled to have a knitting friend near-by.


Quite a bit of secret Christmas knitting was done which I am happy about.  I'm guessing that I won't get to everything I want/hope to knit (nothing like waiting till the last minute), but I'm ok with that too.  I'm enjoying it and taking pictures so I can show you the fruits of my labor later!


This is another busy week at work - lots going on.  So, I will leave you with a picture of Marcel.  Colin & Mailing picked out their Christmas tree on Saturday and got it set up.  Marcel had to investigate:





I don't think he climbed up (like he has in prior years) and the tree is still standing (and now decorated).  Hopefully Tyg won't misbehave when we put our tree up (targeting for this coming Sunday).


Hope everyone is having a good week.

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it took three hours to get a new phone, but I'm learning that nothing moves quickly at the Verizon store or even AT&T. My husband is trying to switch from a personal cell through Verizon to a work phone through AT&T, but this seems to have stumped both companies. After three weeks without a phone and being told "we're working on it", he says he doesn't really miss a phone and kind of likes being incommunicado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, my cell phone is also used more for texting, taking photos, and playing games than talking. I use it to remind me of appointments and to wake me in the morning.

    Love the photo of Marcel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of Marcel and the tree - what a stinker!

    I'll bet you and Dee had a wonderful day - next time I'm joining you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh You and Dee!!! love that.
    I love the cat photo too. Hysterical
    ANd We are looking at a long while at the phone store too...putting it off as long as we can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The the fluffy kitty pants up the tree!
    I haven't put ours up yet... it's going to be interesting with Burton around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolol! Love that pic of Marcel! We are lucky in that Mia isn't much of a climber. But she does tend to check out the water in the tree stand. So we can't use any preservative for fear of what's in it. Hope our tree lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photo of Curious Kitty! So cute. Sorry about the phone hassles . . . It's always something, non?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Marcel . . . you have such a fluffy bum!!!!

    I am very glad to have a knitting friend too! Long may we KNIT together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad the new phone thing wasn't too traumatic (and hope you're enjoying it, because New Phone!!) I laughed at the cat in the tree photo. Holly doesn't mess with the tree, just the skirt, which is her favorite place to hangout this time of year. Hope Tyg behaves himself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daughter's new kittens have destroyed her tree already. I had to stop putting up my vintage pom pom with my glass ornaments because of my little boogers. Kitties...you gotta love'em.

    ReplyDelete
  11. bummer about the phone...so so sad. However it's fun to buy a new one! We had a cat who loved the tree, but only meowed with longing while sitting under it and batting ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Christmas picture! It would make a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the kitty explorations! So glad you get to see Dee and knit and talk-priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO sorry about your phone. My battery is slowly not keeping the charge it needs. I am jealous you and Dee can get together to knit, I love her.

    ReplyDelete