Monday, June 5, 2017

Checking In


Hello All,

 

Good Weekend?  I hope so.  Mine was full of relaxing times…some cooking, going out to breakfast, long naps both days, some reading, some knitting.  It was nice to have nothing whatsoever planned.

 

The other week I had been thinking about the “Possibilities and Dreams” I had posted near the beginning of the year and then Nancy did an update to hers just the other week.  So here goes:

 


 

  1.  I think I’ve gotten a bit better at both yoga and knitting, so that’s a plus.
  2. I’ve shared a few pictures of walks, but haven’t shared drinks afterwards (primarily because I go to sleep after a nice walk – lol).  So I’ll count this one half-way as a go.
  3. I did organize ALL of my stash…now there are bags piling up again, so obviously this is something that needs doing more than just once a year.  I’ve been trying/thinking of/dreaming about getting back to stitching, but time hasn’t permitted that yet.  So, another half-go.
  4. RELAX – yes!  I have been doing more of this.  YAY
  5. Reading – Yes!  I have been reading more and I did read The Underground Railroad (which was good, but not as good as I had hoped/expected).
  6. Learn how to hook rugs – a definite NO.  And, I’ve sort of decided to abandon this idea for now.  Geeze, I can’t even get back to stitching.  Now thinking I will hold off on rug hooking education until I retire – lol.

 

So, overall so counting up the definites and the halves, I come up with 4, or 66.6% accomplished in just about a half year.  Not bad!!

 

I’ve never been one for New Year’s Resolutions.  That, for me, has always been a set up for failure.  But Dreams and Possibilities I’m all in favor of – it’s fun.

 

I’m shipping off a large (as in the person must have HUGE arms) Twiddle Mitt to Kathy B (that was what I worked on this weekend).  It really was a lot of fun to do, but the giant needles and BIG yarn just about did in my hands.  I want to make another, but need to take a tiny break from that big stuff.

 

Looks like we are back to grey and wet skies around here, but the week is young and perhaps the weather will turn.  Have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

  1. You've done well.

    I forgot all about mine. Doesn't really matter though.........I do what I do and don't really think about resolutions. I'm like Rafiki from the Lion King.........."It's in da past!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are really on track. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to look back at what seemed so important in the past. When the kids were little we always made predictions for each of us on New Year's and put them in a teapot I keep on the table. We would read them the following year and usually get a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent progress! The large needles and yarn were uncomfortable for me to knit with, too. I followed the pattern from a UK hospital, and my muff is double and quite large. It's been sent to Kathyb. I'm debating about knitting another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreams and possibilities are always better than "resolutions"! You're making great progress in achieving your dreams and living your possibilities. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful format to keep those good things in front of you ... and yay for all the progress on the ones that really matter. (I chuckled about the rug hooking - I don't even have a day job and that seems like a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say that's pretty darn good. And I like that you've reconsidered at least one possibility. Why slog on with something that simply seems like a chore now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the updates on your goals-you are ahead of the game so now you can be like the rabbit and take a break! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your knitting and yoga are improved. So are mine :) I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete