Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hump Day

Hello All,


First of all, thanks so much for all your wonderful comments on my Monday post about my Mom.  She was a fun person for sure.  Fletch reminded me that there are some interesting "things" in her scrapbook, so I will try to show some of them in future posts.  The trip to CA was pretty scandalous for the time...both my Mom and Jennie were from a very small town in Vermont and my Grandfather was the Baptist minister in town...my Grandmother was worried about what people would think of girls in jeans - lol.  More on that in another post.


I'm about half-way done the leg on Colin's second sock.


(picture just taken at my desk moments ago).  I'll do some more at lunch and hopefully be at the heel flap by tonight.


So, what to knit next?  I have the yarn to knit Sigla but that is a Winter sweater (of course I couldn't have started it back in January, right?), though I'd really like to knit it.  I also started Mick Jagged some time ago, didn't like my joins and ripped it out...I could do that.  Or, I could start some Spring socks for myself (I'd love to knit up that rhubarb yarn I bought out in Lancaster not too long ago).  And let's not forget that I'm going to the Steel City Fiber Festival in 2.5 weeks.  I've already put together a list of yarn I need for certain projects (Tales From the Isle of Purbeck or Yoga Shawl or Squad Mitts - another wintery pattern).


Decisions, decisions.  I'll just have to think for some time.


What else?  My little brother and his wife are vacationing (from Colorado) somewhere in the Florida Keys.  He texted me a picture last night from their fishing day where they landed a 5' shark!  He even had a picture of its mouth (gross).  They did release it after they took pictures.  Then he texted a picture of them getting ready to go out in kayaks.  No thank you!!  Dee - I know you do this, but I could not...at least not where there are animals that could "get" me!!


A lot of our snow in the backyard has melted (still some piles) and we may be able to shoot some archery tonight or tomorrow (thanks to longer daylight into the evening), but our temps are dropping again with a forecast only around 39 or 40F today.  But, it's not snowing (or raining), so Fletch is grilling chicken sausage with bacon and pineapple for dinner!  I need to figure out a veggie -- maybe grilled eggplant.


Work is slow today (obviously).  Hoping your Wednesday is going well.  Halfway to the weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Your sock is coming along beautifully and dinner tonight sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to shop for yarn, specific to planned projects. I seldom know what I'm going to make when I purchase yarn.

    The dinner menu sounds delicious - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I look forward to you sharing more from your grandmother. Colin's sock is looking great. How fun to be planning a trip for more yarn. Glad some of your snow is melting. We had a terrific thunderstorm last night with lots of hail. No real damage, but we need to clean up sticks from the yard. Your dinner for tonight sounds delicious! Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are not sick of socks, these would look nice in your Lancaster yarn - and it's a "spring" looking pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mercury-socks

    Sometimes it takes me longer to decide something than it takes to knit it ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Mom stories! (Please.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm.....eggplant. Sounds good. I haven't had any in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only had a pair of socks on the needle last week and this week I have 5 projects going~ Your socks look lovely! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love the Keys .. Always wonderful weather. Fun atmosphere.
    I too am wondering what to knit next . I have finished one sock of a pair. I'm thinking of pulling apart a sweater/shrug that I never wear

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know I have only been to the Keys once and I have lived in Florida for almost 30 years. No big deal to kayak, I'd rather do that on the ocean or gulf than in a lake with the alligators!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and now we're almost at the weekend - TGIF! I think you need to get some springtime knitting on the needles ... let me know if you need suggestions ;-) (although that said, Yoga Shawl is on my knit-someday list - a friend knit it for her daughter last fall and it's awesome ... and epic!)

    ReplyDelete