Monday, September 28, 2026

Weekending 9/28/26

 Good Soggy Morning!

Yup, still very wet here in Eastern PA.  The ground is saturated and though I do love a nice rainy day, I have to say enough!  I think that today will be the last day (at least for a couple) that we have some rain and temps are rising - it might get near 80 towards the end of the week.  Is this an Indian summer?

Anywho, how was your weekend?  Ours was good.  We met up with Colin, Mailing and Iris for lunch on Saturday.  We went to Fitzwater Station which is along the canal where I used to walk quite a bit (turtles and blue heron!).  Of course it was raining when we arrived.  What I had not realized is that this place was a stop on the Underground Railroad.  Pretty cool and the food was tasty.  The rain had eased up some when we were finished, so the kids went for a walk.  Fletch and I came home and then I did a quick grocery shopping.

Since I did not post on Friday, I never showed Fletcher's birthday cake:


Very yummy!  More than half of it went to C&M&I, but believe it or not, there is still one piece left in the fridge for the birthday boy.

After a big lunch on Saturday we did not want a heavy dinner, so I made a pot of pinto bean soup.  YUM!!  There was cornbread in the fridge that I heated up in the oven to go with the soup.  A good rainy night dinner.  Yesterday I made  a Southwest Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet for dinner.  This turned out to be a great recipe and FAST!!  Plus enough leftovers for more than just another dinner.

Yesterday I also made a batch of Pumpkin Snickerdoodles - YUM!


Most of these will find their way over to C&M&I today.  Again, an easy and tasty treat.  Now I have leftover pumpkin, so I made need to make muffins or something.  Fall flavors!!

One not so pleasant discovery:  on Saturday while reviewing our credit card statement, I discovered a charge for over $1,000 from Walmart!  I don't shop at Walmart and certainly wouldn't spend that much money there.  When I called, it turns out that my card had been compromised.  There were a bunch of other high charges that the credit card company had denied (thank goodness).  (More charges from Walmart, some from an electronics store, a department store, etc. - all on-line purchases.) So, my card was cancelled immediately and hopefully my new card will arrive today.  What a PITA though - I've got to notify those companies that automatically charge my card each month (Netflix, Apple, etc.).

Other than laundry, it was another successful weekend of avoiding chores.  I found time to knit (a sock for Iris) and read.  No stitching though, so no TNT post tomorrow.  I'll get back to it at some point, but right now I'm busy with other things.


Tell me how your weekend was - anything exciting?

6 comments:

  1. That's a real beauty of a cake! Pumpkin snickerdoodles sound delish, too! I know very well how you're feeling about the rain; we've had a ridiculously wet year. It's been great for the grass but not so much for the other plants (I barely had any hydrangea blooms all summer!). Sorry about the credit card issues. I've had that happen to me, and the good news about it is that the CC companies are pretty good about not holding you responsible for the fraudulent charges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you had such a soggy weekend! The rain has been... abundant! I am also sorry about your card woes. That is just such a pain in the backside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing in the kitchen! I don't enjoy baking but often wish I did! The credit card theft if very annoying--I've been through it too often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks delicious! Could you send some of that rain our way - it's been so dry again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All this good food! I'm going to have to get some breakfast after reading this. I made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins last week, but gave half of them to Ryan and our are gone already. After a very rainy and windy weekend, it's still raining today so I may have to bake something. Sorry about the credit card theft. One year it happened to us three times and it is never fun. Hope you get your new card soon and can notify everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your theft. I think it happens to everyone these days!

    ReplyDelete