Thursday, September 17, 2026

More Beans! 9/17/26

 Hello My Friends,

Gosh!  This morning feels downright balmy compared to our recent cool mornings.  I guess the warmth will be coming back, along with some rain later today.

Yesterday a friend sent me a picture from my college days.  It shows me in a midriff top and I was skinny!


I'm the one in blue jeans on the right.  My friend Janet is next to me in white pants and a midriff top.  We were all getting ready for a Steve Miller Band concert!  I went to Wagner College on Staten Island and you can see NYC and the World Trade Centers in the background! What a throwback!

While cooking yesterday I went out to the garden to gather some parsley.  The caterpillars are still there, but I was successful in avoiding them and getting what I needed.  The beans though!  After saying I was done with them, I ended up picking more.  We had finished the large amount we had in the fridge and now that has been replenished.


This is probably enough for at least 3 servings!  I may have to blanch some more to freeze.  I've never seen a plant produce so much!  Meanwhile, our figs look good and there are a bunch of them, but they do not appear to be ripening at all.  Hopefully soon.  And the hibiscus is still putting out blooms!!

Today is flu shot day - hopefully with no reactions.  We had no reactions to our Covid shots last week.  Most likely a nap will be in order since I did not sleep all that well last night.  With the increase in temps, tonight we are having shrimp salad for dinner.  I need to remember to take the shrimp out of the freezer, thaw and cook them so I can make the salad.  Hopefully I'll find a bit of time to knit as well.

Hope your week is going well!

9 comments:

  1. Just when I was getting used to cooler weather, it feels like we've gone back to summer. Oh, well, I can't control the weather, just complain about it. I'm done blanching and freezing beans. We have 45 quarts in the freezer so we are clearly eating beans this winter. Tomorrow night I'm making green bean casserole (but without the canned soup). Have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin was a huge Steve Miller Band Fan! I love the picture Vera! Thank you so much for sharing it with us all! Prolific beans are a very good thing! I have flu/covid shots on my list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our beans are doing the same thing! I have another batch to freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were the days! I think I had that same outfit. I know I had the same hair. I still do only it's gray now...lol. Booo for the return of hot weather. What a tease this week has been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun memories, Vera! The Steve Miller Band . . . so many great songs! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Green beans are my favorite with yellow ones a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a trip that photo is! I wish my garden was producing like your bean plants are; I think we've just had too much rain this year. My tomato plants are huge, but I've gotten very few tomatoes off them! Hope your flu shot went well. I usually have a reaction to my COVID shot, but with flu, I just get a sore arm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great photo! Those college memories are so special. I checked my parsley thoroughly the other day but, alas, no caterpillars.

    ReplyDelete