Hello and Good Morning!
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my guy. Yup! Today is Fletcher's Birthday. He is 79 today! I've been up since 6 a.m. and his birthday cake is now in the oven. Pineapple Upside Down cake - one of his favorites. His presents are wrapped, but we will save them for dinner time when I am home from watching Iris.
Speaking of Iris, our neighbor Rob came over yesterday to get some lettuce sets we did not need in our Fall garden. He and Eva have a new dog - another Great Dane and her name is Iris!! She is a rescue from a shelter where she ended up from a puppy mill. Sad. They are guessing she is around 2 years old. She only weighs 70 lbs (only!) and should by now weigh more like 130-140. Malnourished and she has kennel cough, so she cannot yet be around Annabelle their other dog. Anyway, they did not name her Iris - that was the name she came with. Please say good thoughts and send all the healing juju Iris' way.
I walked out to the garden to get the lettuce sets for Rob and discovered this:
Another giant cucumber. I had not even noticed this one. The other two I had seen are still growing. There are still plenty of beans, but once again I am not looking at the plant! LOL. Rob doesn't really like beans (how can anyone not like beans??), but he said he would ask his ex wife if she would like any. We still have many, many in the fridge and freezer.
Finally, these guys were lazing around the back yard when I got home yesterday.
There are three deer laying down by our shed and archery backdrop! So peaceful. You need to watch where you walk in our yard though! Plenty of poop!
Time to check the cake! Have a great Thursday.


Happy Birthday to Fletch!
ReplyDeleteAnd sending lots of good healing vibes to Iris 2.0!
Love the deer!