Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Unraveled Wednesday 9/30/26

 Good Morning My Friends,

How can it possibly be the last day of September 2026?  The days are flying by.  And, as they fly by, the temps are warming.  It could be close to 90 by the end of the week!  Yikes!!

Let's see:  my new credit card arrived and I've successfully (I think/hope) updated all automatic payments.  Today is my last day caring for Iris this week.  Bonnie is back from Paris and she will take over starting tomorrow.  I have a massage booked for Friday which will feel SO good!!

Now it's time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers for an Unraveled Wednesday update/post.  I may not be doing any stitching lately, but I am doing some knitting.  Woo-Hoo!


One of Iris' socks has been completed and the second is well on its way.  Yesterday morning I knit the cuff on the second before leaving the house and then the first half of the leg (in red) was knit while Iris napped.  I hope to finish the leg and perhaps the heel flap today while she is napping.  Socks generally go pretty fast (unless I put them aside and forget them), but Iris socks go really fast!  There are just 52 stitches around (rather than my usual 64) and I'm using size 1 needles rather than my usual size 2.

Some reading has been done.  Still no good fiction although a Bruno book is waiting for me to pick it up at the library.  That is a good thing.  I did read Thoreau On Man and Nature which is a slim volume (62 pages I think).  It is a compilation of some of Thoreau's writings.  There are gems in this book, though some of it seemed a bit "preachy" to me.  Still, worth reading.

Also completed was Local Wonders Seasons in the Bohemian Alps by Ted Kooser.  Another slim book that is just filled with wonder and beautiful words.  Broken down into four sections for the four seasons of the year, I had intended to read each section during its own season, but I couldn't stop reading!  Filled with kindness and caring, this book has been perfect for me right now.

Be sure to check out the links on Kat's blog post and let me know what you are making and reading these days.

7 comments:

  1. Baby/toddler socks are such fun and go so fast! We're also expecting very warm weather here tomorrow. I don't mind it for one day, but I've been enjoying the cooler temps! I've officially finished the yoke of my sweater, so now begins the long stretch of stockinette for the body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Iris' socks are so cute! And there is the added benefit that they go quickly. That's probably a good thing as I imagine she is still growing. I'm not thrilled about the Indian summer temperatures at the end of the week, but at least we're supposed to return to fall after a rainy weekend. I can't believe that none of my libraries have any Ted Kooser books, but Local Wonders sounds so good that I may buy it for myself. I would definitely love to read a book filled with kindness and caring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iris' socks are just adorable! Little feet are fun to knit for! I agree with you on Ted Kooser's Local Wonders... I am trying to make it last but it is the potato chip book of reading... you just can't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I have the AC on again The heat, the humidity...I've had more than enough of it. I had wool socks on with my Crocs last week now I'm back in bare feet. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get the new Farmer's Daughter yarn? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those socks are darling. We have had several warm but rainy days so the humidity is up and the AC is on again. I'm looking forward to some crisp Fall temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks are going to make Iris' feet so happy! I think her feet will start slowing down on their growing so they will fit longer! lol

    ReplyDelete