Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Unraveled Wednesday 2/9/22

 Good Morning!

It is Wednesday and time to link up with Kat and her Merry Band of Unravelers to talk making and reading.  Always inspirational and fun!

For me, my post this week is not much different than last week.  I'm still on the first Terrarium sock...a little further along.


I am loving the colors in this Static yarn from KnitPicks.  The heel has been turned and I'm roughly half way down the foot.

My reading is also the same.  Still getting through "Reckless Daughter" and enjoying it.  I had gotten a new Elly Griffiths book from the library but could not get into it at all.  I really like her Ruth Galloway series, but others by her just don't appeal to me.  I did also pick up "The Guncle" but have not yet started it.  Last night before turning out the light I read roughly 30 pages in "Devotions" - a collection of Mary Oliver's poems.  Oh my!  So good.

Fletch and I are back to reading after dinner (we had a several week hiatus when we could not decide on anything to read).  We started Shady Hollow and are enjoying it.  I had seen a review of this new book (just published in January I think) and knew I'd have to read it because Vera Vixen is a character!  This is billed as Watership Down meets Mickey Spillane.  The animal characters are quirky!  We are only 30 pages in, but it is fun.

We are back to a chilly morning (21), but it is supposed to be sunny and the temps should warm up to the 40's.  Fletch is grilling wings (hot and BBQ) for dinner and I'm looking forward to that!  Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

16 comments:

  1. That is a pretty color of Static. They were the first ones to be snatched out of the gift box last Christmas. I meant them to be men's socks but Daughter had to have them because they are so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock is a really lovely green and you are cruising right along. I hadn't heard about Shady Hollow, but it sounds great. Who could resist Watership Down meets Mickey Spillane? I'm going to look for it and it's even better that it's part of a series. Thanks, Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice sock, I need to resume knitting mine - it has been on the back burner of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like that yarn. My knitting has come to a stop while I wait for my sore hands and shoulders to settle back down. In the meantime I can start a new book, having finished The Almost Legendary Morris Sisters (very interesting; fast read).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vera Vixen!!! Oh, I love that! :-)
    Your sock is looking great -- and I really think I need to pick up Reckless Daughter soon. Stay warm (we've got . . . more snow . . . for the next few days).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vera Vixen! That is absolutely brilliant! I am so glad you and Fletch are back to reading after dinner. It is the loveliest thing ever (this comes from my house where Steve does not read ever, he is not interested in anything I am reading... and reading out loud? HA!)

    Once I have this test knit done I am all set to cast on my Terrarium Socks! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these Static socks you've been making. When I'm in the market for sock yarn again, I'm going to check it out.

    I think you will like The Guncle a lot. I have yet to hear of anyone not liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm chicken wings sounds wonderful
    How do you find the Static compares to the Stroll? I haven't knit with my Static yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shady Hollow sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of reading together after dinner. Dale and I tend to watch tv in the evenings but we always read in bed before we go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those socks. The yarn really is great. I made stuffed green peppers last night at Mom's. Tonight we're having chef's salads. I have to take her to the nephrologist for her kidneys this afternoon. Our hardwoods are being refinished this week so we're staying with her. I'm lucky to comment on blogs, let alone write a post. Just another day or two!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knit Picks has nice yarn: Static is one I haven’t tried. I’m joining friends for a pizza lunch and conversation - should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work on the socks! Brrr, 21 is right chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reckless daughter is on my list. I'll be interested to see what you have to say when you are finished.
    21 is warm in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sock is looking good. Green is very appealing right now. Mary Oliver is just the best. I have held off on Devotions because I have so many other of her books. I might have to get a copy from the library to see if there are new-to-me poems.

    ReplyDelete