Thursday, September 16, 2021

Oversleeping!

 Hello!

Hoo-Boy!  I overslept this a.m. by quite a bit.  I have not used an alarm clock since the Pandemic and usually I am awake by 5:30...sometimes 6 and more lately even 6:30.  All of which is fine since I'm working from home.  But this morning?  I never woke up till 7:30.  And Thursdays are my big financial reports day.  So a bit of a scrambling this a.m., but I managed to finish up all the reports before Noon.  It was a busy morning with other stuff as well (work-related) and the afternoon is a little nuts.

But, I wanted to post some pictures of the Finished French Market Bag!  (French Market Bag)  First up, stuffed with plastic bags (to somewhat shape it) and drying in the breeze on the clothesline.


It's a bit more shallow than I anticipated.  I actually knit it 4" longer than the pattern suggests.  Next time (and there will be another time!!) I will knit it even longer and I may shorten up the width a bit.  Here's a picture from last night - sitting on the kitchen table.


I love the color (Thistle is the colorway and the yarn is Patagonia Organic Merino).  It felted up in no time.  I have a skein and a bit left over.  I think the next one I make will be two colors (at least).  I have a bunch more 100% wool in my stash that will felt well.  It was a bit of a slog at times (round and round and round you go), but it is the perfect knit when you don't want to (or can't) think.  This particular bag should work well to cart around a sock project.

Speaking of which, I need to get working on the socks for Peggy!  Maybe a bit later today.  Not sure about tonight - Colin will be over as usual for dinner and it looks like a beautiful day to have a fire after dinner.  Dinner is the brisket and pinto bean dish I blogged about a week ago.  It smells great so far, but the beans are still tough - hopefully they will soften up by dinner time.

Inbetween emails from work I plan to catch up on some blogs.  Hope everyone is having a great day!

14 comments:

  1. That will look so nice filled with market finds - or even just stuff picked from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag felted up nicely! That is pretty color. That is going to be so much fun to take to the market. I bet you'll get a lot of compliments on it. People always seem so interested in felted bags.
    I overslept this morning too and I never do that. I've been waking up before 6 for weeks now and today I could barely crawl out of bed at 8. I'm blaming it on the humidity. I swear it is sucking all the oxygen out of the air. I am just too tired today to care about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag turned out so nice. You'll appreciate the width when you buy corn at the Farmer's Market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the bag! Two colors would create a nice bag, too, but I adore the Thistle color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's called a French Market Bag because it's just the right size for a loaf of French bread? It is a very pretty color and I'm glad you'll be making another one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you ever order the dishie yarn to make dishcloths? I am thinking about ordering some but I was wondering if you liked it. Thanks, marths

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I adore that ! When fe1ting goes we11 its the best magic! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. The felted bag turned out well-the color is perfection!
    Hope tonight went well! Oversleeping is a hard way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been sleeping later too. I think it's a combination of the sun coming up later than usual and Dennis doesn't have to get up as early since he's working from home. No commute time! I'm usually pretty late to bed too.
    Hope dinner turned out okay. We had a thrown together meal. Leftover mashed potatoes turned into potato pancakes, yellow squash and onions baked with butter and baked chicken. Delicios and easy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I slept in until 8 yesterday morning, but that was kind of on purpose (the longer I slept, the fewer hours I'd have to fast while awake). I guess if you slept as late as you did, you needed the rest!

    I do like your market bag, and having made a couple of them, I agree that they do definitely come out a bit shallow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a vibrant pretty color! You definitely won't misplace that bag :) I rarely sleep in...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks perfect for a few bottles of wine! I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The market bag looks great. I love the color. I have looked at the Patagonia yarn in my LYS. It comes in some great colors.

    ReplyDelete