Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Felines

Hello All,

Happy Weekend...almost...

This week has been so long.  The guys who were in for budget reviews hated the restaurant I chose Wednesday night - lol.  We went to True Food which is really good, but they all prefer a greasy mess, so there was a lot of complaining.  My boss, Kevin, admitted that the appetizers were very good.  But they all ended up at Chickie and Pete's later for greasy food and heavy drinking.  Luckily I was home.

So, a conference call this a.m. and I'm hoping to get out of here by 2 at the latest.  I need to text Leslie and find out what time she & Bob will be coming over from his sister's house.  I don't know if they'll be at our place for dinner...or later.  I need to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things.

Colin was over last night and picked up some lawn chairs for his party tomorrow.  And some plywood - there will be a band playing and the drummer needs a solid, level space.  Col's friend Ray will be bartending and the food planned sounds really good (mostly finger food).  I'm really looking forward to this and the weather is looking perfect!

Meanwhile, Tyg will not be pleased to have two strangers in the house for the weekend.  He will most likely stay out most of the time.


And stare back at the house wondering when things will get back to normal.....

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend - have fun!

15 comments:

  1. He does look a bit put out. Really, Vera! How COULD you invite people to stay IN HIS HOUSE????? LOL

    Wishing you a great weekend and don't listen to the grumblers. True Food was GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to True Food, but I think at least 80% of the menu items at Chickie & Pete's are fried. They ended up at the right place for grease, but what a shame they didn't appreciate something better. Have fun at Colin's and with your guests and enjoy a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relic and Tyg are so much alike. He doesn't like it when I have people in the house. He sits out on the patio and stares in.

    Your budget dinner story reminds me of a Sales Confernce for my work a couple years ago. My boss booked the whole salesteam for dinner at a swanky winery. It would have been nice, except they did it cocktail reception style in the wine cellar. Food stations with no tables to sit at, no where for the ladies to put their purses or coats, and the foods weren't exactly finger foods... roast beef, squash soup, succotash... really hard to eat standing up with your purse and coat draped over your arm. Oh - and all us ladies were in heels.... on hard concrete floors. A bunch of us bailed early and hit up the nearest pizza parlour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly, you need to consult Tyg before you make any definite plans. How rude!

    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyg DOES look a mite unhappy. Frannie just runs and hides when company arrives. The party sounds as though it will be a fun time. Wishing Colin and Mailing all the best and that they have a wonderful evening with friends and family to help them celebrate.
    I'm sorry the guys didn't appreciate your dinner. I think I would be with you, although I've been craving a ZIPS burger for over a week now, (ZIPS is a hamburger joint in the Pacific Northwest.) That's the first place Alex always wants to stop on the way home from the aiport when he comes home from Japan. The fry sauce is amazing! Okay. Now I'm really talking myself into having one for lunch after my doctor appointment. :-) Wishing you a wonderful weekend, visiting with your friends.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyg has personality plus! ❤️ his surly stare

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very fun weekend.. I hope you're going! Enjoy your guests. I'm getting old enough that I don't look forward to houseguests.. naughty me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's my cats for sure. I bet none of them were happy when we had the cat sitter in while we were at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats wonder why we let strangers in our territory! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I could come ! I don't do well at the greasy spoons anymore. Makes my stomach hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a restful day today, looking back over a fun couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. greasy food and lots of drinking sounds like all day indigestion to me. What a bunch of crazies!! Hope you had a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's a death stare for sure from Tyg.

    Really good food/creative cuisine is wasted on some people who eat for volume or familiarity. Oh well, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your weekend was a good one! Tyg sounds like Mia -- she hates guests in the house! lol!

    ReplyDelete