Friday, December 14, 2018

TGIF 12-14-18

Finally TGIF!!  All week I've been a day off and, in fact, when I was leaving the office yesterday I was telling everyone to have a nice weekend.  Someone asked "are you off tomorrow?"  Which, of course, stopped me in my tracks.  All day I had thought it was Friday - even though I KNEW it was Thursday.

So, now it is Friday, truly.  Colin was over last night and we trimmed the tree before dinner.  It looks so nice and this morning I sat in the living room with my coffee and just the tree lights on - bliss.

Last night Fletch grilled the most delicious lamb chops we have ever had.  They were some I bought from a farmer when Dee and I went to the Mennonite Heritage Christmas Market.  I never want to buy lamb from a grocery store again!

More butter is softening on the counter today - the plan is to make chocolate chip cookies and macaroons tonight.  We will take a bunch of the cookies over to Colin & Mailing's tomorrow night.

For your Friday morning laugh - Colin showed me this last night and I cracked up.  Too silly.


Wishing you all la fabulous weekend!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's finally REAL Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought yesterday was Wednesday. This month is going by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see your tree please!! When you have a chance. Happy Cookie baking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cartoon!
    I actually did take today off, becuase we were supposed to have company tomorrow and I wanted to get the house ready. Company cancelled (everyone is sick), but I kept the day off to do my groceries and otherwise relax. I'm working Sunday to make up for it though. Next week will be long, but then I'm off until the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate chip cookies! My absolute favorite! I would love to see your Christmas tree. I don’t know where this month is going either and I haven’t even done anything. Take care and enjoy your weekend. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you show us your tree! I also want to make some chocolate chip cookies, maybe this weekend. Sorry you thought yesterday was friday.. but glad today really is!
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to sit and enjoy the tree lights in the evening. It's very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was ready for this week to end on Tuesday....
    Enjoy the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha! and now it's REALLY Saturday! Hope your weekend got off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, cookies. I need to start baking. I don't do X-mas cookies, but it's a nice time of year to give cookies out -- and no one ever complains!

    ReplyDelete