Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Tuesday Things

Hello All,


Here's an updated picture of my sock in progress:




I tried to spread it out with my hand so you could see the pattern.  And...of course yesterday I said the pattern was Firefly.  Who knows what I was thinking?  The pattern is Dragonfly Socks - a free pattern on Ravelry.


My post yesterday also mentioned a new pattern I fell in love with that has yet to be released.  It's by Ambah Obrien and can be seen on her Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjimjf6nw8i/?taken-by=ambahobrien





Picture from her Instagram page.


She has some other beautiful patterns, but this one I especially love - knit in linen (Shibui).


Last night was stinking hot (again).  When I got home Tyg was staring intently into the tiny little water feature we have and as I walked by something splashed!  After changing out of work clothes and fixing a cool beverage, Fletch and I went outside to sit on the patio.  Sure enough, there was a very small frog in the water.  It hopped up onto the rock at the edge of the feature, but before I could grab my phone to get a picture he hopped into a crack between two rocks.  I doubt my picture would have been very good anyway - he was a very dark green and so small...but cute!  Tyg was dreaming/hoping for frog legs for dinner, but luckily that did not happen!


We had a beautiful sunrise this a.m., but it is muggy already at 8:30 a.m.  Hoping the forecast thunderstorms will roll in this afternoon and help to break the oppressive feeling.


Happy Tuesday to you all!





14 comments:

  1. Oh, I WISH we'd get a frog or two in our little pond. No such luck. We got much-needed thunderstorms last night, but it's still muggy today.

    Dragonfly, firefly...so close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a few thundershowers yesterday afternoon. Not much rain to speak of, but it did bring in a cool(ish) breeze and chased away a bit of the humidity. Hope that happens your way today. (And those socks are very nice! Seems to be a perfect mix of patten and yarn.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky opened up last, and it rained, and rained, and rained. Today, it is a bit muggy, but the air smells so fresh.

    Lovely stitch pattern on your new socks. I love tonal yarns for lacy patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THAT SWEATER VERA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh...it is so hot and muggy here too. We've got a storm on the way. I hope it blows it all out to sea!
    Love the sock. That is a pretty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sock is looking good. You've made a lot of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sock. It's still hot here, but the humidity has dropped so it's bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sock is gorgeous and will be beautiful when done. Very lacy, I would never try to knit something that complicated, so I'm quite impressed with your skills. Fun story about the frog. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your sock in that beautiful color! And that is a lovely cardigan; I'm looking forward to seeing more photos, especially some of your project when you cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FWIW, Firefly and Dragonfly would've gotten mixed up in my head too LOL! ...and whoa and thank you for the heads up about Natsu - that's gorgeous! I haven't knit yet with Reed, but I'm going to have four skeins ready and waiting when the pattern gets released!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous color and lovely lace pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we need a knit along for that sweater!!!! It is so pretty!
    Nice to see a frog around-good entertainment for all of you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sock and the sweater pattern is indeed an invite. Enjoy knitting when it becomes available!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete