Friday, July 13, 2018

TGIF - Friday the 13th!

Happy Friday the 13th!!


Ahhhh, this has been such a long week.  The Lame Duck is so Angry and is really being a PITA.  He is not helping the transition and he is not helping his team who will be reporting (very soon) to a new President.  He needs to chill out, relax, and enjoy the ride.  He is being paid his full salary through the end of the year (with no responsibilities) and then is still "employed" (in a sense) through all of next year with a reduced salary.  And no responsibilities.  He can golf every day if he wants.  He should be grateful.  OK, enough of that.


Meanwhile, yesterday was Thursday, so Colin stopped by for dinner.  He grilled hot and sweet Italian sausage:




and we had some peppers, onions (from the garden) and mushrooms to go with it.  That little blip that indicates the line of demarcation between the hot and sweet is an apple from our tree.  Yup...it fell off yesterday, so Colin popped it on the grill.  None of us tried it (I'm sure it had a worm in it).  But it is sad - this is as big as our apples have gotten this year and this one brings our number on the tree down to about 10.  Usually the tree is loaded and usually they are much bigger by now.  Guess Fletch and I won't be harvesting them and making applesauce this year.


After dinner Colin and I walked for about an hour along the Perkiomen Creek.  There were a lot of folks out - biking, walking, jogging, fishing, etc.  The trail is really very nice and they have added some things.  We saw a post near the parking lot that had a lot of "things" hanging from it.  Turns out they are tools that you need to do any kind of bike repair.  Pretty nice to have that handy.  They had also added some circuit stations with stationary bikes, chin-up bars, etc.  We did spot a Heron on the dam as we walked by:




It was a beautiful evening for walking (though a bit humid).  When we got back to the house Fletch got a small fire going and we just hung out and talked for another 30-45 minutes.  So relaxing!


Well, it's Friday which means I'm outta work by 12 or 1 p.m.  I have some errands to do (like get to the bank to get money and gas up the car) and hopefully when I get home my needles will have arrived and I can cast on for the sweater.  I decided to order another skein of the yarn since the first skein was short 3 grams.  I weighed the other yarn and it was also short on grams.  I'm waiting to hear if they have the same dye lot in stock (fingers crossed).  I also wound some yarn for socks and would like to get those cast on and started to take along tomorrow when I meet up with Dee!!!


I think it's going to be a great weekend (even if it is getting steadily hotter each day).  Wishing you all the best!

14 comments:

  1. NEO is gearing up for a heat wave again, too. Blech. The past few days have been gorgeous.

    Our neighbor's fruit tree (nectarine) is loaded, but the fruit is teensy. Who knows what the goofy weather does to the trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about your apples. I'll have to check out my neighbors tree and see if he has any this year. He just lets them fall to the ground for the deer which he feeds from a trough of grain he puts out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That trail sounds wonderful!!!!

    Looking forward to tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great place to hike-I like the consideration of the repair post! What kind of bird is walking along the top of the dam?
    Have fun with the shorter day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a beautiful walk! Surprised to hear you had a fire when it is humid but I guess if you sit far enough away from them, fires provide a lovely ambience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice to have a good trail nearby! It looks beautiful -- and accessbile, too. Have a great weekend, Vera! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that the Lame Duck is being a PITA around the office. Enjoy your weekend & tell Dee, "Hello!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez. Where do you get paid an extra year for doing nothing?

    The food got me again. Having sausage tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how much you get out and walk! I need to do that more!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good walking to you! ZACH is home!!! WE just took him to a fish fry !! First of the summer for him. It is so good to have him home. He has settled in and is pitching in with laundry, groceries etc. I love sausages too! The hungarian in me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Lame Duck sounds like he's not so nice.. I bet you'll be glad when he's gone. Your walk sounded very nice. I'm tired out from swimming so no walks for me! Have a great weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Thursday evening is such a nice way to ease into Summer Friday and the weekend! Hope you have fun with Dee and that your new projects get off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like Lame duck has a pretty good deal; I'm wondering how I can sign up for a deal like that, even with a reduced salary! I hope your needles arrived and you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you chilled out with good food and being with family :) That makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete