Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Unraveled Wednesday 06-06-18

Hello All and Happy Mid-Week!


Joining Kat and Friends this morning for Unraveled Wednesday.  Fortunately there has been no unraveling (except time seems to unravel away from me...).  That, of course, is because there has been little knitting.  Last night I managed to add 10 rows onto my Sunflower Sock and I snapped a picture so you could see the garter ridge on the heel:




Click to enlarge, and you can see the little nubs where I picked up stitches along that edge.  Pretty cool and, for me, it was easier to see those nubs to pick up rather than picking up the slipped stitches.


I'm about 3/4 of the way through The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness and am loving it.  Have any of you read this book?


What else?  I did make it to yoga Monday night which felt great.  Last night was busy - I had to pick up Mailing at a car dealership where she was having a check-up and oil change.  We got back to the house around 6:15 and Colin was grilling scallops, pineapple and asparagus.  Everything turned out delicious.  I poured wine while he finished grilling and then we ate...quickly...and Colin and Mailing left right after we finished because the car dealer closed at 8 and she needed her car to get to work today.  This morning, while having coffee, I spent 40 minutes chopping and prepping veggies for a stir fry dinner tonight.


Work is work.  The Lame Duck will be back in today - 3rd day in a row (which is more than he has been in the office in years!!!).  The jostling and preening has begun for those who are interested in his position.  They will go through the motion of having panel interviews, but I would bet bottom dollar they have already chosen his successor.  In some ways it is interesting and humorous to watch; in other ways it is just plain tiresome.


That's it for me.  Head on over to Kat's to see what others are up to this Wednesday.

14 comments:

  1. Commenting to Receive comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you just made me spit my coffee . . . laughing at your Lame Duck. :-) And I really like your garter-edge heel. It looks great. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how that garter ridge heel looks. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, did you have a sauv blanc with that dinner? Wine nerds really need info like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, office politics at their best! I hope LD's replacement is a good one.

    The garter ridge heel is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not read the book but you make me want to read the book :) lovely neat and tidy heel!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOw im thinking about that book. !!!! also about Calypso.
    Mostly tho I knit while I listen to podcasts.......as I 've said before.
    LOVE your sock gusset

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah office politics! You need to laugh so you don't murder. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nifty way to do a heel. I've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sock progress looks good.. such nice knitting! I'm reading a book called "Women in Sunlight" by Frances Mayer and am on the last pages. It's very good. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You cut veggies during coffee time? I have to admit that my morning cup of coffee is inviolate. I sip coffee and I knit or do something creative. It's what gets me out of bed in the morning.
    I love that heel. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool heel flap and nope, haven't read that book - but one of my favorite things about blogs is new things. and reading about grilled pineapple, scallops and asparagus (yum)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an interesting heel. I always stick with my tried and true regular heel flap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm impressed with your early morning dinner prep! The heel looks good and I can see how it would be easier to pick up stitches.

    ReplyDelete