Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Little bit More From the Weekend

Well Good Morning!


Whew!  It has been steamy.  Yesterday I went out at lunch and drove to a shady spot to read.  Windows were down and there was a slight breeze, but my phone was telling me it was 98 degrees!  And it was around 90% humidity.  A sticky mess.


We did have a fairly strong thunderstorm move through last night which was nice.  The rain smelled So Good!  And, it managed to drop the temp to the 80's (at 10 p.m.).  Oy vey!


Meanwhile, my brother in Boulder texted me pictures - they were getting a second hail storm (the first one was a month or so ago and stripped all the peaches from their trees!).  He sent a close up shot of the hail - too big!







Hoping they did not have too much damage to their gardens.


Meanwhile, I did a little knitting last night, but not much...so nothing to show you.  Instead I prepared dinner for tonight - cooked shrimp that we will have cold and made a big pasta salad with broccoli, chick peas, peppers, carrots, radishes, black olives and scallions.  A cold dinner will taste good!


Going through the pictures on my phone, I found I did have a picture of Hawk Falls - the first, short hike we took on Saturday:




Right behind some branches in front of our faces was a drone!  That may be the first one I've seen (probably not the first one that has seen moi - lol).


And here is a close-up shot of the Mountain Laurel.  Such pretty, delicate flowers.  Some were very, very pink and others were more white.



And, finally, I mentioned that Mailing had made a Tagine (This is the recipe she used) for dinner. 



This dish is so very, very tasty.  I will definitely be making this sometime.

Wishing you all a calm and peaceful Tuesday.  





13 comments:

  1. I ♥ Mountain Laurel!!!

    Drones -----------people flying those things can be SO rude. We had one right over us while the Navy Band was playing the National Anthem. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad for the thunderstorm here last night, but I think it really just added to the oppressive humidity. Ryan had a hail storm also, but the stones were about half the size of your brother's in Boulder. I do love Colorado, but not gardens, skylights, and cars damaged by hail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hail storms out west are so impressive . . . and cause so much damage. My sister is picking up her car today -- finally fixed from LAST year's hail damage (there was a very long backlog). She jokes that it's coming home just in time for this year's hail season.

    (And don't get me started on those drones. Ugh. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hail can do a lot of damage: several years ago, I had to replace my roof after one storm; another stripped pain off the house. Drones can be annoying AND intrusive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some very big hailstones! The waterfall is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mountain laurel is lovely. It was hot and steam here Sunday and Monday but then we got a few storms, and they blew it all away! Now it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mountain laurel, but not so much that hail (yikes!) or the drone (super yikes!) ... I'm looking forward to temps back in the 80's once I get home tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great weekend! It's funny, I never knew what mountain laurel was till I met my DH's parents -- they introduced me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. it's hot there! We were predicted to have a hot week but it's not.. and now they say it will rain tomorrow. Crazy weather. I can't imagine hail that big. We have it fairly often in Spring and Fall.. but never that big. Have a super week ahead! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm....tangine. I haven't had it in ages. I used to be a big fan. I even had one of those fancy cookers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely weekend! Cold salad for supper - yum! And I love mountain laurel. The one I am babying along to think it likes living this far north has tiny buds. Might flower in a few days, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely falls photo!! Our weekend was nice and at home, just the way I like it after being busy last weekend.

    ReplyDelete