Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Kathy B's Q&A on a Tuesday

Well, good intentions usually go astray.  I had planned to post this on Monday, but work was busy and then I went to yoga that night and was tired and hungry when I got home at 9:00.  So, here are Kathy's questions from yesterday:





1-Have you ever won an award?


   Yes – for piano recitals when I was in grade school and high school
2- Do you like the baby blanket below? 


    Yes!  Love the pattern.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiEYnQsiPmVvdEU7p8Qslm_NLIKdXQrCcCOstsHnoE99BJWOadbhaKqcTRUa5CIPt2U42Uzn4eOJpLif7gpQq8fdh2RSEHOThupGahKT0rfpV9IUfvsqviMQfBbsyN9No6KD6y64FujjJ0/s400/DSCF7293.jpg
3- What's your favorite gauge to knit in?


Socks in fingering weight.  Love!!
4- Where was the best cup of coffee you ever enjoyed?


This past June when we were camping I made coffee in a percolator like we used to use when I was a kid.  It was delicious!  When we got home I bought a stove-top percolator to use and now my French Press is buried in a cabinet somewhere.  And, I love Café du Monde coffee.
5- Do you have a favorite family recipe that has been passed down for a few generations?


I have my Mom’s cookbooks and all her recipe cards…also some from my Grandmother’s home.  A favorite would be my Mom’s bread recipe, but I find I often use my bread machine instead.  I love the whole bread-making process – kneading, etc.  But it is time consuming for sure!
6- Did you know you can have a conversation in the message section of Facebook with someone out of the country?


Nope – I don’t go on Facebook very much.
7- Is it harder to send the kids to kindergarten or college?


Both were hard for me.  At least kindergarten was closer to home.


 


 


 



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhNXb8RqFAl930Kyl21HKy5zmxNr-dzE11AOrNMm6y7XB8DCJbMY_Aip6nR1CUkPpAOy2dYRcxR97vQGWLY69orXYp3VMd8MHo0HDTOXffaSvLBYvjbTe4UMfFs9ADepR2MbmTzW_TuPgk/s400/55862220.jpg8. This is a new free Knitpicks pattern.  I may have to knit one.  I think pattern are so much better written now than years ago.  Do you?
    Not knitting for all that long, I can’t really say.  Love that hat though.  I should make one for Harry’s Hundred!
9. Ravelry really changed our craft and our communication. Do you have an old pattern that a family member passed down to you? 

    I have patterns that my Mom used.  Some of the pictures are so funny – from the 60’s. 
10. When is the last time you traveled with your pet in a car?


    A week ago when I took Tyg to the vet for his annual check-up/well visit/shots.  Not a fun experience!!

8 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooo...Cafe du Monde coffee??? You like your coffee STRONG!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm......Cafe du Monde coffee. I forgot about that one. It's fabulous with a beignet on the side. Good times in NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, and when I was in NOLA, it was before I really drank coffee at all. But I remember that Cafe du Monde was THE coffee there!

    Ah, trips to the vet - I sometimes wonder who has a harder time ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vera!!!!! I am so happy to see you here in blogland, your blog is lovely and now I can visit you as much as you visit me!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vera!!!!! I am so happy to see you here in blogland, your blog is lovely and now I can visit you as much as you visit me!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vera!!!!! I am so happy to see you here in blogland, your blog is lovely and now I can visit you as much as you visit me!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm now Im thinking about a percolator.
    Show us a funny knit photo from the 60s patterns!

    ReplyDelete