Hello and Good Morning!
It's a drippy morning. I successfully made it home from watching Iris yesterday before the heavy rain. We had had a little bit of light rain mid-day, but after I was home the sky opened, the thunder boomed and the lightening was shining. And we received 2" in under an hour! Colin and Iris were running some errands after I left, so I hope they did not get caught in the downpour.
Meanwhile, look at our hibiscus!!
It is so gorgeous. I snapped that picture just before leaving for Iris yesterday morning. I also looked and saw there were a few more large tomatoes to pick. Two were picked. The third which was the largest and beautifully shaded in red had a giant slug on it happily munching away. I got grossed out and left that one on the plant. There are still a couple of cucumbers that might grow and there were just a few cherry tomatoes. I avoided looking at the bean plants - LOL
Zhongren (Mailing's Dad) was recently in Japan. He retired a couple of years ago, but is back to consulting (can't sit still - hahaha) and does a lot of international travel. He will often bring us a little something from wherever he was. I'm pretty sure this is a box of red bean paste mochi. I do love me some red bean paste and am looking forward to trying these. But just look at how pretty the packaging is:
Last night when I woke around 2:30 (as one does), I looked out the back window and spotted a doe browsing the Rose of Sharon plants while a fawn was resting on the grass. Too cute.
My plans for today include booking a massage and booking a hair appointment. The house plants should be watered and the stairs need to be vacuumed. Also, dinner needs to be decided. But before any of that will be breakfast once Fletch is up. I'm making multi grain pancakes (so we can feel healthy about eating pancakes) with blueberries. Also bacon AND sausage (Fletch wanted both). That should get my Friday off to a great start! I hope your Friday is a good one - enjoy!


Your hibiscus is lovely, and I'm also not fond of slugs. Your breakfast sounds delicious. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but I would love to have it for dinner! Today is a lovely day after last night's rain and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteI am seconding Bonny's thoughts on breakfast for dinner! Yum! No rain here this morning... yet. lol We got 2-ish inches yesterday though!
ReplyDeleteI love to look out at the hibiscus--such big showy blooms!
ReplyDeleteThat is a lovely package from Zhongren, Vera! I hope it is, indeed, red bean paste mochi . . . because YUM! And your breakfast plans sound great . . . although I, too, would prefer it for dinner (or brunch). I'm not a big-breakfast eater . . . Have a great weekend! XO
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely package! And beautiful hibiscus blooms! I'm glad you didn't get soaked in the deluge yesterday, and I hope your breakfast was delicious! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI actually opened the windows for a few hours this morning. AC is back on because of the humidity but it was worth it to get some fresh air in here.
ReplyDeleteI had a student bring me a beautiful moon cake for the Lunar New Year and I nearly turned inside out after taking a bite. I was expecting something sweet and it was filled with red bean paste. I tried so hard not to let her know I was not enjoying it. I could have earned myself an Oscar. I suppose it's a flavor that has to grow on you.
When do the deer sleep? I see them wandering around at all hours too!
ReplyDelete