Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Unraveled Wednesday 11/11/20

 Hello!

It's Wednesday and it's Veterans Day.  I hope we can all take a moment to say a word of thanks for our veterans and for those who are currently serving.

It is a grey day here, but we've had so many beautiful days recently, I cannot complain.  I can, however, complain that once again I did not sleep well.  I woke up too warm and got up and turned on the ceiling fan.  Then I had to shut the window because there was a dripping noise on our patio roof.  Oy!  A couple of hours later I fell back asleep.  There may be a nap in my future today.

For now, I am linking up with Kat and friends to talk about knitting and reading.  Fortunately there has not been any unraveling and...TADA...The first sock in the Aspen colorway is now finished!!


Not only did I finish that one yesterday afternoon, I also got a start on Sock #2:


Messy table which is life,  Little squirrely candlestick is still out and I love the wild cherries in the vase behind the candle.  First pattern repeat (10 rows) is complete on the leg of sock #2...a good start.

Not much to report reading-wise.  Fletch and I are still working through These is My Words and are still enjoying it.  Not real compelling and a bit gruesome in places (scalping and what not), but it is an entertaining read.  On my own reading, I finished This Book which is the first in a series.  I enjoyed it.  Again, not great literature, but entertaining and I am now waiting for an email from my library telling me that book #2 is ready for me to pick up.  I'm just happy to be reading again!

My morning in the office went well yesterday and I accomplished quite a bit.  There were a few more people than normal in the office (like there might have been 8 of us), but everyone was distanced and masked.  I saw Bobby (CEO) and Bill.  One other guy that I had not seen since March - it was nice to catch up.

In the afternoon I managed to do a little archery.  Tyg was curled up in a ball sleeping on a bed so I took advantage of that time to go out.  But...I think I was very tired.  My arrows were going all over the place - lol - and not hitting the target.  I gave up after shooting 25 arrows and called it a day (that's actually when I finished up Sock #1 above).

Work is shaping up to be a bit busy again this morning, so I'd best get at it.  Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

19 comments:

  1. Your sock is beautiful! The recipient of this pair will be very lucky. (I can't remember whether you are knitting these for yourself or a gift.) It's funny how you can shoot so well one day and not so well the next. I haven't been sleeping well either, and I think it's because of the heat. This is not normal for November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yarn bowl. Sleep- or staying asleep - has been a battle for me too. I am wide awake at 3:30 am so naps are becoming a regular afternoon activity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sock and BEAUTIFUL yarn bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like everything about that sock.

    I've been sleeping really well lately, so I hope this continues when our weather crashes back to reality today. You'll hear no complaints from me about our stretch of warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cheers for a finished sock and a good start on its mate!

    I have not been sleeping well this week either. It's been a bit too warm in our bedroom (we opened the windows for a bit yesterday evening but had to close them when we went to bed because of rain coming through), and we were all awakened at about 5 this morning by a very loud clap of thunder! I am thankful, though, that at least I can blame mundane things for poor sleep instead of election anxiety for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Vera

    Your finished sock is pretty. I like the wild cherries in the vase too. It is raining here today, maybe even the next couple of days will be rainy/cloudy. I keep my ceiling fan on every night of the year. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty sock!
    The one thing I have enjoyed during the pandemic is the glimpse into people's homes. I just love Mandy Patinkin's video posts. They take clutter to a whole new level which makes me feel better about the mess I am living in. What's so bad about being surrounded by the things you love? I used to find it overwhelming. Now I find it comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty sock. I hope to cast on a new pair today or tomorrow. Three more pair of mittens to make for November before I do anything else.
    I finally talked Dennis into letting me buy him a kindle. He reads a LOT and Mandy buys him books as they tend to have the same taste in reading. She suggested a kindle since we're living in a tiny space now. He balked but I finally talked him into it when I told him kindle books are usually less expensive! Hit him in the wallet, it always works! I ordered it last night and it should arrive tomorrow. I'm so excited for him. I used the kindle app on my iPad and have for years. I love it, especially for travel.
    Take care and enjoy the warmth. It was 16F here this morning when I left home for my mammogram. Brrrrr.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The time change is still affecting my sleep. I keep waking up at 5AM but manage to drift back to sleep after a bit of awake time. Love the Aspen sock. The wild cherries caught my eye immediately - so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sock! I also envy you the archery. I did it as a kid and I enjoyed it a lot.

    I'm thinking of my Aunt and Uncle, who were married on this day years and years ago. They are both gone but as he was a veteran, this day is very important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read several of the Ferguson/Van Alstyne books a few years ago and enjoyed them. One of my current obsessions is to pick a series, even one I have already read, and read the books back to back in order. Now I need to do that series -- thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sock turned out beautifully. Yes, I would say fatigue would mess up your stamina for archery! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice start on the second sock! (and I hear you on interrupted sleep...sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I love your messy table. It reminds me of mine. Nice socks and you continue to make good progress. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual and inflection interested moral values.   It was founded under principles of love, justice, unity, peace, and relief. The illuminati bring together individuals of goodwill, irrespective of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become better in the society. Do you wish to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and excel in life? Were you will be giving $19,00,000 as first benefit. Kindly contact me now or add me up whatsapp +2347057052206 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com     

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good job on a sock finish.. you are so fast! Do you have any fun plans for the weekend that is coming at us fast? Our DIL is hosting us for Thanksgiving, we've had it here for 36 years so we're not sure how to handle it! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful socks and I love your table space and the activity that it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual moral values and interested in inflection. It was founded. The Illuminati is a secret society that strives to promote spiritual moral values and interested in inflection. It was founded on the principles of love, justice, unity, peace and relief. Illuminati gather needs goodwill, regardless of their differences and backgrounds, and ensure that these good men become the best in society. Do you want to be a member of the illuminati and become rich, famous, powerful and stand out in life? You were $20,000,000 as your first benefit giving. Please contact me now or whatsapp domain me +2347057052206 / +255688381932 Email williamsilluminati230@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete