Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thursday Stuff

Good Morning!

The sun came up this morning like a ball of fire!  And it is bright outside.  Wow - so nice after some grey days.  Another mild one predicted for today and we are actually planning to have a fire tonight after dinner.  Should be lovely.

Speaking of lovely, our work Thanksgiving luncheon was so nice on Tuesday.  Terrain was beautifully decorated - very rustic and gardeny (is that a word?) and the food was fabulous!  They also had a fire pit set up for us outside with the making of smores for after lunch.  It was a very mild day, but some folks stayed to enjoy that.  I left right after the luncheon was over.  I knew it would be a trek to get home (and it was - traffic was so heavy), but still I was home by 3 which was so nice.  Fletch was at a doctor's appointment, so I took a quick 45 minute nap and got up just as Fletch came home (and he is now scheduled for his 2nd cataract surgery in late January!!).

The George Winston concert we went to Tuesday night was so good.  I didn't know it, but he also plays the guitar and the harmonica.  But mainly the piano.  I kept thinking how much Fletcher's Mom would have enjoyed the concert (she played the piano and gave piano lessons to neighborhood kids for years).  He played for an hour, took about a 15 minute intermission and then played for another hour.  One of the things I enjoyed about the concert was that he spoke about each piece and who/what had influenced him. 

The venue - The Sellersville Theatre - is a small, intimate theatre (only around 325 seats or so) and there were not too many empty seats.  It was a late night for me as we didn't get home till almost 11, but so nice.  Fletch really enjoyed it which made me happy since I had gotten the tickets as a birthday present for him back in September!

I managed to get a little (very little) knitting done on my brother's sock:


It's coming along nicely and I'm enjoying the yarn and the pattern.  It came to work with me today, so I'm hoping to get a bit more accomplished at lunch.

How is your week going?

20 comments:

  1. Your lunch and the George Winston concert both sound delightful (along with that nap)! It's always nice to enjoy lovely things mid-week and now the weekend is just two days away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a special night. He just played Wolf Trap here in DC in October and I wish I had known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock is looking good! I love the surprise of pooling when knitting with a variegated yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, both the luncheon and concert sound lovely. I am happy to see the sunshine today, I hope it warms up some. The sock is looking nice! Have a happy day and a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a quiet and relaxing week, and I've loved the time to do little but recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day Tuesday sounds wonderful. I had never heard of George Winston so I looked him up. I'm currently listening to his album "Winter". I do love a good piano player. I know some people think instrumentals only are boring, but I love it. The music really plays on my emotions. Amazing how those sounds alone can do that when you think about it. Thank you for introducing me to him.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely Tuesday! And, I am so glad you enjoyed the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good time at the concert.

    We went to Terrain in Devon yesterday. WOW! What a lovely store. We didn't eat there (this time), but we will.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE George Winston. especially this time of year. December is probably my favorite album and I am beyond jealous that you heard him ... and heard him PLAY LIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im so glad your ticket gift concert was fantastic!
    My week has been good. We did a lot of woods work yesterday with not much to show for it. IT is just so wet . I cast on a cowl with a lace pattern! And Im liking it. The barn was a huge challenge in one class tonight. I should sleep well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific day, Vera. So glad you and Fletch had such a good time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love sneaking my knitting or crochet with me to work or on the bus or train, those extra minutes here and there all add up and feed my making addiction! Glad you are enjoying the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  13. not a ray in the sky over here, so sad. Your sock is looking nice and how great to take it to work with you!! Happy you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sunshine makes the day go better, doesn't it?!
    Nice work on the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a nice work luncheon and then a lovely concert. I would like to see him perform. Have a fab weekend.. I bet they'll be more sock to show on your next post. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your day sounds like the very best. I love piano music. Have a great weekend and rest up: the holidays are upon us!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your luncheon and the concert sound wonderful. Good luck with the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea to offer outside fire and smores. Would you believe I've never had one? The flavor in a cappuccino but never the real thing. Sounds like a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in awe that you are knitting socks for your family members for Christmas! So how do you know how big and long to make socks for others? So far I've only knit socks for myself. lol!

    ReplyDelete