Monday, November 4, 2019

A Crisp Start!


Quite a bit of a chilly start this a.m. (30 degrees).  The seat warmer in my car was very welcome on my commute into the office today.  I know many struggle with the time change, but I am so glad to not have it be pitch dark on my drive into work.  And, at least for a few weeks, it should still be light on my way home.

I ended up with some kind of *bug* on Friday.  I left work before 11 a.m., slept for 3 hours that afternoon and then was back in bed by 8 p.m. Friday night and slept about 12 hours!  Not sure what was going on, but glad it is over.  Fletch is still battling something and we are both having either allergies or cold symptoms.

Thank you all for your encouraging words about fixing the Canary Blanket.  I’m glad to say I accomplished that over the weekend and even knit a few more rows.  The fix was easy just as you all had said it would be and now I know how to do it!  I also managed to get a bit more done on my SIL’s sock:

Well, I still can't add pictures no matter how I try.😭

I’ve started the toe decreases and should finish that tonight, Kitchener it up and start #2.  The color above (if the picture would have been added...) is different from IRL.  This looks much pinker.  Either way it is pretty yarn though.  After that it will be socks for my brother (yarn and pattern already chosen).

Today is a little busy.  I have a conference call at 10 a.m., then a luncheon off site at Noon followed by my annual review around 2:30.


Hope everyone’s week is off to a great start!


12 comments:

  1. I can't add pictures either in compose mode. I switched to HTML mode and I can get them on but then I have to switch back so I can write. Blogger is a mess. I can't even sign in under my account anymore. I have to use my old Goggle account. Grrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like somebody at Blogger made a huge SNAFU!

    Good luck with the review this afternoon. I KNOW it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the fix went well. It's not so hard once you can visualize which way your stitches need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you fixed your blanket stitches! (Don't you feel super competent now?) I hope your day goes well -- and that you can soon add photos to your posts again. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it just takes courage to jump in and fix a stitch or two. I'm glad it was successful for you. Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon, I was ill with a bug for over 10 days...it was exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're both feeling better by now. There seems to be a lot of illness around already this year. Glad the blanket fix went better.
    Blogger hasn't been playing nice all week again. I can only post through the app on my iPad. It does get frustrating.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. sorry you had that odd illness and are still suffering from something. You're quite a trooper to be back at work today. Bummer about not being able to share photos. That would be a bummer for me. Have a super week..get better! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to fix the blanket. I always feel so smart when I can get knitting back on track. I am sorry about the bugs - tis the season for them to begin I think. Take good care and rest when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would weigh two hundred pounds if I had those amazing work lunches!!! YUM. Sorry you had a flu bug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, the Monday vibes ... glad you're feeling better AND fixed the blanket. Sending good luck for fixing Blogger photos issues, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you're not feeling well. Maybe you've gotten whatever bug Blogger has! ;-)

    Glad you figured out the fix for your blanket. If anyone could do it, I knew you could.

    ReplyDelete