Monday, November 18, 2019

Monday Again

Good morning!

Geesh it is a bleak looking morning out there.  So overcast, damp, so November!  Now, this is the kind of day I can really enjoy IF I am home...but instead I'm at work.  However, I just got word that my 10 a.m. conference call has been cancelled...so that's a nice thing!

How was your weekend?  Mine was nice.  I met up with Dee on Saturday for coffee, knitting and then a bit of lunch.  Always a fun time.  Otherwise the weekend was filled with the normal:  laundry, groceries,  cooking.  I did head over to Marshall's on Sunday - I need a new pair of jeans.  It looked like Black Friday!  I could hardly move in the store.  Way too many people.  The only thing I found was a pair of fleece leggings which I love for the winter.  The jeans were pretty slim pickings.

I did finish my SIL's second sock last night.  Woo-Hoo


So pretty and so confetti-like.  Next up, socks for my brother.  Hopefully I can start those at lunch today.

We watched the first episode in the new season of The Crown last night.  I really like Olivia Coleman, but it will take a bit of time to adjust to her in the role.  Also, somehow, our Netflix was set to be in Spanish!  Don't ask me how, but it took a bit of time to get back to English. 

Still in a bit of a reading slump, but this morning I received notice that the latest Louise Penny ("A Better Man") is in my queue...excited to start that tonight.  That should bring me out of my slump for sure.

Here's to a great week for everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Your SiL's socks look wonderful; I would be very tempted to keep those for myself! I'm rewatching some of Season 2 before I start Season 3 of The Crown. I'll miss Claire Foy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it is nice you can met with Dee and do some knitting. The socks looks pretty. The weather here is gloomy, rain coming later? I really enjoy Louise Penny's book, this was a good one too. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks turned out great! The color is such a joy to the eyes when it is so gray outside! Even we have been grey for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look GREAT!

    I think I'll be inside knitting all day. Too grey to do much else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those confetti socks! They are so cheery and fun. We have sunshine today . . . for a change. (And it's warmer, too.) I'm rewatching all of The Crown before digging in to season 3. (Mostly because Tom has never seen any of the series, and has decided he'd like to watch it, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it will take some time to adjust to the new faces in the Crown series. I haven't started watching yet. I had a fabulous weekend - went to an art exhibit. It was fabulous but sooo crowded. Love the confetti socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even realize there is a new season of The Crown out. I should probably rewatch part of season 2 to refresh my memory before I watch the new episodes.
    Your socks turned out so pretty and cheerful.
    Wishing you a great day and hope you get some sunshine soon. It's been gray here for days too. Dreary and rainy but at least it's not snow! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on finishing those socks and I love the confetti look about them. I try to avoid weekend shopping but I'm so lucky to be able to shop during the week. Today I was at the grocery store at 8 a.m. NO ONE there, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those socks are so happy! We watched the first two episodes of The Crown last night. It was easier for me to adjust to Olivia Colman than Helena Bonham Carter. and is it just me or is Philip behaving a lot better now than he was in the first two seasons?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those socks are so much fun!!! I watched the first episode of The Crown last night too. It did not make good knitting TV though. I had to put it away so I could gawk at all the fabulous gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those socks look great …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice socks!!!! We also had a bleak gray yucky day. But the barn was fun and the nap was lovely this afternoon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo on the sock finish.. do show us the yarn for your next pair. I just finished "The Royal Secret" by Lucinda Riley, it was very good! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the new season of The Crown! (yes, I have binged it already!) And, for your book slump I have three words... The Dutch House!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love those socks - if they don't make you happy, nothing will!

    We watched the first ep of The Crown last night and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We never take advantage of all the streaming services...Norman prefers Turner Classic Movies...familiarity, I'm sure. Love the socks; nice yarn...discovered the first (only?) pair of socks I knit had a hole in the toe...note to self: finish the 2nd pair...think I have half a sock to complete.

    ReplyDelete