Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Brrrrrrrr

Good Afternoon!


The title says it all...though we are not in the Midwest where so many of you have it so much worse than we do.  But, still.....It is snowing again and the wind has really picked up.  A moment ago our backyard was one big whiteout.


Thank you all for your well-wishes for Fletcher.  He came through the cataract surgery just fine this morning and we were home well before 11 a.m.!  He cannot drive for a minimum of 3 days and for a week no bending, lifting, pushing -- including snow -- no snow shoveling for a week!  YIKES.  That leaves moi in charge.  LOL


We were pretty hungry and tired when we got home, so threw together some leftovers and then took naps.  Or tried to.  Fletch got comfy on the sofa and I went upstairs to lay down on the bed.  I was just about asleep when I heard a banging at the back window.  I opened my eyes and there was Tyg hanging onto the bottom ledge of the window.  He had climbed up onto the patio roof and then jumped up to hang by his front paws.  I got up, opened the window and hauled him in.  I never got to sleep, but it felt wonderfully relaxing to just lay in bed for an hour or so.  A luxury!


Tomorrow I plan to go into work very early.  I have some reports I need to get out.  I'll leave by 11 though to take Fletch to his follow up appointment with the eye doctor.  What can I say?  Another afternoon off is not bad.


As Bonny talked about the other day, you can knit people you love safely home.  I also believe you can knit those you love safely through surgery.  I did knit this a.m. and am a little further along on the sockhead cowl (which is PERFECT waiting room knitting).




Bonny's post the other day on her Hitchhiker shawls finally pushed me over the edge and I bought the pattern right after reading her blog!  This afternoon I found what I think will be an excellent yarn for my very first Hitchhiker.  I'll show a picture once I start, but it is Kettle Dyed yarn I bought in Lancaster the other year.  The colorway is Rhubarb.  It is beautiful.  I tried making socks with it and the yarn pooled in an unattractive/ugly way.  I think it will work well with the Hitchhiker pattern.


I also picked out my yarn for the KAL Dee and I are starting on Saturday (socks in the pattern Sunday Swing - free on Ravelry).  I know Val is joining us...any others?


Dee also convinced me (with her post on Tuesday) to go through my stitching WIPs.  Egads...I have 6 large pieces (mostly samplers) in some stage of completion and 5 (or more - I didn't dig that deep in the chest) "smalls" in progress.  This is the year I will start stitching again.  I've missed it.  Stay tuned!


In the middle of writing this post, my laptop shut down.  Grrrrr.  So, I'm going to hit publish while I can.  Stay warm!!!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Fletch is doing well after his surgery. I hope you don't get too much snow while you're "it" in the shoveling game. Stay warm, and enjoy your day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Fletch's surgery went well! It's great that your waiting room knitting carried him safely through surgery (and that you got so much done)! Knitters really have superpowers when it comes to family and loved ones, and I hope your knitting can also keep any storms away until Fletch is cleared to shovel. I can't wait to see your Hitchhiker yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for the good news about Fletch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Fletch's surgery went well.

    What's up with Tyg???? LOL I'm sure it was not funny in the "doing", but it sure is funny in the reading.

    Please give Fletch our best wishes. Sorry 'bout the shoveling though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the good news about Fletch's surgery ... and continued prayers for tomorrow's followup (also for minimal snow while you're in charge of the shoveling - yikes!) Love all the stitching you have going on ... in progress, long hibernating and planned. It's all good! and YES about the waiting room knitting. Your cowl could grow another inch or two tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the surgery went well - Mom's waiting to hear when she goes for it. Should be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear that Fletch's surgery went went, but also sorry to hear that you'll be in charge of snow removal. I laughed out loud at the thought of Tyg hanging from the patio roof. Cat's get themselves into the strangest places don't they?
    I've never made a hitchhiker shawl before but I think the Pimpliesse shawl that I make is similar and I've made many of them. I know I didn't spell that right but it's a great pattern.
    Take care and stay warm and inside if you can.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hitchhiker is a fun pattern. I made one with Noro sock yarn - the color changes were gorgeous. Enjoy! Happy to hear Fletch is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cowl! The color is beautiful.
    That's a funny story about the kitty. Daughter called me to say her kitty got it's head stuck in a cheeze it's box the other morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, it was -25F this morning... hopefully the last day of this polar vortex!! Believe it or not, it's going to be in the 40s on the weekend (46 on Monday) with RAIN! Yuck. Glad Fletch's surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to KNIT SOMEONE through a difficulty .Hope FLetch recovers well and improvement is great and noticeable

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to hear Fletch made it through the surgery well and you both got home safe and sound. I have a hitchhiker on the needles... somewhere.. I found doing the "teeth" on it challenging. I look forward to what yarn you use. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to have the surgery behind you-I hope he heals quickly!
    The hat is very pretty; I always knit in the waiting room!

    ReplyDelete