- Someone suggested an on-site nurse in case anyone felt bad during the day
- Another person wanted a day off on the anniversary of their hire date...because their vacation had not increased since they were hired. Everyone gets 4 weeks as soon as they are hired...I'm thinking that is very generous, but maybe that's me.
- Someone suggested we have a massage room and massages offered during the day.
- Someone suggested a nacho machine in one of our kitchens (we have 3 kitchens!!).
I wish I had snapped shots of Bobby's face as these suggestions were made. Really???
Some decent suggestions were made:
- One person asked about going to a 4 day work week. Bobby had apparently already said he was in favor of this (which I would LOVE), but HR shot it down because it wouldn't work for all departments and, therefore, wouldn't be fair.
- One person suggested putting together classes at the FREE (yes, free) gym we have access to.
Anyway, bottom line is I can't believe how so many people don't realize how good they have it and just want more and more and more.
OK, my rant is over (for the moment). On to the beauty portion of this post. This was one of the centerpieces on the tables at our luncheon:
So pretty and colorful! I love the little bowl that has two birds on it. It is a welcome sight on my desk this morning as it is grey (and chilly) outside.